Retro Commercials--What's the Attraction?

Drtooth

Reaction score

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Do they still air "Whatchamacallit" candy bar commercials, or did that bar die out years ago? I know I remember that existed, I think we even have it on tape from the 80s or early 90s somewhere.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Do they still air "Whatchamacallit" candy bar commercials, or did that bar die out years ago? I know I remember that existed, I think we even have it on tape from the 80s or early 90s somewhere.
Whatchamacallit is still made but I don't see ads anymore:sympathy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just thought of this thread again, I found this '80s Christmas commercial on Stetson Cologne. The song was always playing when I was younger; one of those commercial jingles that sounded very important and classic, yet it was advertising something quite trivial, hehe.

Still, as someone on the Web said, the fact that so many people still think about these ads says something. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT0qpYdIXLw

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Just thought of this thread again, I found this '80s Christmas commercial on Stetson Cologne. The song was always playing when I was younger; one of those commercial jingles that sounded very important and classic, yet it was advertising something quite trivial, hehe.

Still, as someone on the Web said, the fact that so many people still think about these ads says something. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT0qpYdIXLw
You know? The funny thing about this commercial is I remmeber the jingle better then I do the product it was advertising.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know? The funny thing about this commercial is I remmeber the jingle better then I do the product it was advertising.
You know I didn't even know the commercial was about cologne until I found this clip! :insatiable:

Even worse, as a kid I couldn't make out what they were saying ("Which is "easy for you...Stetson makes it easy for you"). I thought they were speaking a different language or something, lol. :halo:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know I didn't even know the commercial was about cologne until I found this clip! :insatiable:

Even worse, as a kid I couldn't make out what they were saying ("Which is "easy for you...Stetson makes it easy for you"). I thought they were speaking a different language or something, lol. :halo:
That is really interesting! Funny thing is I didn't really now what they were saying, but I could could instantly recognize the jingle! Strange how things work like that somtimes. :confused:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Hey, I know that commercial! Interesting that I did actually understand what they were saying at the time ("Easy for you").

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually now that I think about it, I had that problem a lot as a kid, lol. Sometimes song lyrics just bunched up in my head and my mind translated them as pleasant sounding gibbrish. ::shrugs:: lol