Sarah Brightman, anyone?

peyjenk

Reaction score
Anyone here a Sarah Brightman fan? I just bought her newest CD Symphony and one of her classics, Eden, and have fallen in love all over again.

I've been a big fan for a while now... her voice is somewhat of an aquired taste, but she always has at least one truly beautiful or brilliant song on each album. My favorite is Dive, but La Luna holds a special place in my heart, too.

So what do you guys think?

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Andrew Lloyd Webber wrote the part of Christine in Phantom of the Opera with her in mind- he practicality wrote the part for her. So naturally she was the best and will always be for Phantom :smile:

sesameguy

Reaction score
Sarah does indeed have a lovely voice. After I became a "Phantom" fan I bought the original Broadway soundtrack and still enjoy listening to it once in a while. In fact, I fear the tape is wearing down by now. :smile: She's great as Christine, but I also enjoy many of the other singers who have played the role, such as Dale Kristien and Emmy Rossum. I did a blog entry about Sarah's PBS special back in 2006 that you may enjoy:

http://heroshaven.blogspot.com/2006/12/sarah-brightman-justine-blogging-from.html

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I love Sarah Brightman! I haven't heard any of her music in a while though, nor do I have any of her albums.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Sarah does indeed have a lovely voice. After I became a "Phantom" fan I bought the original Broadway soundtrack and still enjoy listening to it once in a while. In fact, I fear the tape is wearing down by now. :smile: She's great as Christine, but I also enjoy many of the other singers who have played the role, such as Dale Kristien and Emmy Rossum. [/url]
I love Sarah Brightman as a singer. I'm not totally crazy about her Christine in "Phantom" but I enjoy it. Dale Kristien will ALWAYS be my personal favorite Christine. Something about her working together with Michael Crawford just gets me.
Emmy Rossum bored me (except in Point Of No Return. Then again, a lot of things in the movie angered me. :mad: ) and I used to like Sierra Boggess but now I don't. I just think Sierra tries way too hard now.