Muppets at the Flea Market or Garage Sale

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I thought this would be an interesting question: If you've ever gone to your local flea market or went garage sale-ing, what was the coolest or most interesting thing you ever found or bought?

I ask becasue today me and my parents found a Kermit the Frog telephone!:smile:

so, what did you find when you went to flea markets or garage sales.

(if there is a thread like this or it needs to be moved, let me know)

Edit: I looked on the site, and the phone was the kermit phone made in 1996 by teledynamics, it still kind of works too!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Probably my best find was the PAIR of Sigma Candlesticks, I got them for only £8.00 at a Car Boot Sale here in the UK.

I also got the Palitoy Muppet Show Shadow theatre for only 50p, its a great item.

Chris

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Nice, you never know what you can find when your out and about.
Yesterday I also Found A Muppet Babies tape (Snow White and the Seven Muppets), a sesame street tape (Learning About Letters), and the muppets party cruise for the PS2

PhiNuBlue

Reaction score
I have found tons of stuff at garage sales and thrift stores. Just last Saturday I found 3 Muppet Babies Music Boxes from 1983 in perfect condition. I've found quite a few books including the entire Jim Henson Library series. My family buys stuff for me when they find them too. My sister brought home Muppet Monopoly from a flea market and I found the Beauregard Bust for $5 at a flea market last summer. I've also picked up all the muppet hockey plush, and completed my collection of Great Muppet Caper glasses. I find all kinds of neat things really...:smile:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I found the Beauregard Bust for $5 at a flea market last summer.
Thats one of the reasons i like going to things like that, you find cool stuff, and you find it for CHEAP! the most expencive thing i bought that day i found the phone, was the muppet party cruise, and that was $12. i find alot of the old VHS's are the cheapest, concidering i got 2 movies for $1.25 (one being a doller and one being 25 cents.)

PhiNuBlue

Reaction score
I know! Those are the kinda of things that make it worth going to sales like that. Its the best feeling when you find a really cheap, but really awesome item. Just because its only worth a couple bucks to one person, doesn't mean it can't be priceless in your own eyes! :wink:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
As far as Muppet stuff? Thats easy: a STACK of about 10 original Sesame Street 45 records still in the original sleeves with trippy 1960s illustrations on them and early cast photographs, etc. Some of the records unfortunately are really scuffed up and not really playable but most of them sounded pretty good overall. I bought all of them that this lady had except one. I think she charged me 25 cents each at the time.

PhiNuBlue

Reaction score
Wow, Great find! I have all the records from the Muppet movies and I plan to frame the covers. I never really cared if they played or not but we just got a turntable that you can hook up to the PC so I guess I can find out!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Some one I know got me a muppet puzzle from 1978 (the springbook one with the picture like on some the inserts of the Best of the Muppet show DVDs), and only 2 or 3 peices(sp) are missing!

Beauregard

Reaction score
The Fozzie Bear rucksack in an almost new condition for £2 is the only great thing I've found, while almost everything I have did come from second-hand-shops at one point!

I also found a TMS record...eventhough I have no record player.