The MuppetCast - Show #53 - Follow That Fran!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Another excellent show! Really loved the Fran interview! Keep up the good work!:super:

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
These are awesome comments, thanks everyone! I think we can amass a few more questions for Fran if you want (but let's try and have those together by this weekend). I think it's so cool that these people take time and interact with the fans on this level!

Ilikemuppets, I love your avatar! Is that Stick Stickly, cousin of Topo Sticky?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well... In the rereleased album titled Sing the Alphabet, that song was indeed sung by Elmo. But in the original Muppet Alphabet Album, it was sung by Big Bird with no additional dialogue from Susan either preceeding or following the song. That is the version I refered to when citing it as one of the highlights of this episode. Hope that helps dispell any confusion. :wisdom:
I thought the song was just added to the reissue. I'll have to check Muppet Wiki, but I don't think one version of the song replaced another version.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Just checked, and I retract my earlier comments about the song. Steve already told us his source for it in a previous post. So I'd just like to apologize for the mix-up. Oh well, everybody makes mistakes.

And hey Steve, please forward my question to Fran if you could.
If you need material of "The Music Keeps Rolling Along" LMK and I can call in some friends to get the audio and video so you can punch it up to note the Female Drummer.

Take care pal.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Thanks Count! I actually acquired the complete run of the Jim Henson Hour recently, so I'm sure it's on one of those discs. New stuff to watch, woohoo!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yaey! Been meaning to complete a deal with KermiClown, also got a project on the backburner for when I finish with classes relating to the Electric Mayhem. :flirt: :sing:
You're gonna love it all... And I have to mention Monster Maker as that holds a very special place for me inspirationally.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm really excited about JHH. Although I have to admit, the statement that I "recently" got the discs means within the last two months, and I still haven't had time to sit down and watch them! Hehe...I almost have to schedule time to sit down and watch Muppet projects that I'm not covering on the show that week. I know! I'll just do a series of shown about the JHH, and that way I'll get to really watch all of them!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
These are awesome comments, thanks everyone! I think we can amass a few more questions for Fran if you want (but let's try and have those together by this weekend). I think it's so cool that these people take time and interact with the fans on this level!

Ilikemuppets, I love your avatar! Is that Stick Stickly, cousin of Topo Sticky?
Why yes it is!:big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Fully understood Steve. Got a ton of Muppet/CTW DVD's from Christmas 06 I still haven't gotten to enjoy because of one chore or another, or due to procrastination from the daily grind. Oh well... First on the docket are a couple of FR episodes for a law class essay, if I can watch 'em and get away with doing my focus on that. Talk to you soon buddy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Fully understood Steve. Got a ton of Muppet/CTW DVD's from Christmas 06 I still haven't gotten to enjoy because of one chore or another, or due to procrastination from the daily grind. Oh well... First on the docket are a couple of FR episodes for a law class essay, if I can watch 'em and get away with doing my focus on that. Talk to you soon buddy.