The "I Did Something Stupid Today" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah! it's so true you get funny looks when you do that to people. I get then all the time but I live in a small town so it's not uncommon for people to say a friendly how do you do.
Sounds like you live in Mayberry... gosh I sure do wish I lived in a town like Mayberry.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Still a different story as far as Canada is concerned because Canadians are friendlier.
It's kind of true, though I found americans to be pretty friendly on my various visits to the states, even in NYC, which has a reputation for having tough people live there. Though I did get major, major attitude from a lot of department store clerks. Geez, I have a bad job too but please don't take it out on me! Whatever happened to customer service?

But yeah, I don't know. It depends where you are. Sometimes people start random conversations with other people on the city bus. And if you're out in the country and you're driving past somebody in another car, they ALWAYS wave. Even if you're a city folk and they don't know you. Unless it's someone like you who isn't from that town; then they don't wave, lol.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
It's kind of true, though I found americans to be pretty friendly on my various visits to the states, even in NYC, which has a reputation for having tough people live there. Though I did get major, major attitude from a lot of department store clerks. Geez, I have a bad job too but please don't take it out on me! Whatever happened to customer service?

But yeah, I don't know. It depends where you are. Sometimes people start random conversations with other people on the city bus. And if you're out in the country and you're driving past somebody in another car, they ALWAYS wave. Even if you're a city folk and they don't know you. Unless it's someone like you who isn't from that town; then they don't wave, lol.
Indeed, it does all depend on where you are, because in every part of the world, there's nice people and in every part of the world, there's also stupid and mean (as in, insensitive and rude) people. The trouble is getting to know the right ones! ^_^

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Sounds like you live in Mayberry... gosh I sure do wish I lived in a town like Mayberry.
I don't know it it's that friendly. But it you run into people I mean like a store clerk, it's not uncommon for then to chit chat with you.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I don't know it it's that friendly. But it you run into people I mean like a store clerk, it's not uncommon for then to chit chat with you.
It's all dependant on location, location, location.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Hah, today, I ran out of the bed in a burst of untamed glee.
Then I fell and rolled over a couple of times before hitting the wall.

My feet were hanging over my head...
then mom came in and cried, "Stop slacking, Claudia! You must clean bathrooms!"

I gasped a couple of times as if to explain...
eh, but I stood quiet.

XD

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
xP ****! <3 Thanks, Pooh.
That's what I get for being a morning person.