Muppet Kubrick Collection

mikealan

Reaction score
If we want more Muppet/Sesame Street Kubricks figures, here's what we would like to see in order:

Muppets Series 2:
Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
Animal
Rowlf
Scooter
The Swedish Chef
Chase: Rizzo

Sesame Street Series 4:
Cookie Monster
Zoe
Mr. Snuffleupagus
Sherlock Hemlock
Green Honker
Chase: Pink Twiddlebug

Muppets Series 3:
Dr. Teeth
Floyd Pepper
Janice
Zoot
Crazy Harry
Chase: Camilla

Sesame Street Series 5:
Abby Cadabby
Telly Monster
Baby Bear
Guy Smiley
The Amazing Mumford
Chase: Orange Twiddlebug

Muppets Series 4:
Statler
Waldorf
Beauregard
Lew Zealand
Sweetums
Chase: Robin

What do you think?

karamazov80

Reaction score
In terms of Muppet block figures, what we need is Muppets Minimates! They are U.S.-based, have significantly better articulation than Kubricks, are are just cooler. Here is a picture of part of my Minimate collection, to give you an idea:

They are terribly addictive, though :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
No... no... As for me, give me the original Kubricks. The "let's copy Kubricks and make our own block figures" movement soured me on Toy collecting. I did like what Mezco did for a little while, though. Especiailly the Dick Tracy Line.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Potato vs Potatoe

Kubricks, Palz, Minimates...it really is a brand thing. There's nothing wrong with the original Kubricks, but if they were to make a more extensive line of these with a different or off-brand I'd consider them. It really is a quality thing too and I don't see the Mates any better than the original Kubricks. Actually the Kubrick company gets a little more creative with paint schemes and sculpts than I've seen elsewhere and the articulation is the same. :wink:

My friend, neighbor and fellow designer Sean/PXLforge created the pattern for Palisades' Palz along with most of their paint schemes so I've been introduced into the world of this style of mini figures. :smile:

Personally I prefer the Kubricks, then the Palz (wish they'd continued) and then the Minimates, but they're all cool and Sean owns all of the kinds.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
You kind of have to hunt them down.

:attitude: The Muppets complete series of Kubricks contain Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Sam and a very rare chase Beaker. These are all blind-boxed assortments. There's also a Supreme Kermit (a skateboard brand) that wears a t-shirt.

:wisdom: The three series (counting the color scheme thrid series) Sesame assortment includes:
Big Bird, Little Bird, Count, Grover, Ernie, Bert, Herry, Prairie Dawn, Oscar (with 6 additional color schemes), Elmo (with 6 additional color schemes) a rare chase Green Twiddlebug and a rare chase Blue Twiddlebug.

:eek: These are blind boxed so you don't really know what you're going to get. It seems to be all about the secondary market with Kubricks so they kind of turned me off until I tracked down the compete sets. I am missing the Blue Twiddlebug, the Supreme Kermit and the 6 other Elmo assortments, but my Beaker should be arriving soon. Most of this is from Ebay. Hope this helped.
Thanks a lot that does help a ton. But I was starting to like the Disney ones as well, and I was kinda meaning a guilde to the whole Kubrick line. Although, the Muppets are my main ones, but I understand there are also some Nightmare Before Christmas Kubricks, and I'm also a huge fan of that film as well and I've found one of the clown, I'm thinking about bidding on it.

And something about me is that when I get interested into collecting something, than I tend to go all out

shimauta

Reaction score
I dont know how helpful this will be, but this site has lists of all of the Kubricks. There is some English on the site, but unfortunately the majority of the information is in Japanese... If you had specifics that you were looking for maybe I could help you find the information.

http://www.kubism.net/TOPFR.html

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot that does help a ton. But I was starting to like the Disney ones as well, and I was kinda meaning a guilde to the whole Kubrick line. Although, the Muppets are my main ones, but I understand there are also some Nightmare Before Christmas Kubricks, and I'm also a huge fan of that film as well and I've found one of the clown, I'm thinking about bidding on it.

And something about me is that when I get interested into collecting something, than I tend to go all out
From what I have seen there are seven series of seven Disney figures. There are also a few chase "secret figures" thrown in the mix, one per series I think. The properties cover the classic animated films from Peter Pan to Beauty and the Beast, black and white Mickey Mouse classic characters, Roger Rabbit, Nightmare Before Christmas, Pixar films like Monsters Inc, the live action Black Hole film and many more. It's a really odd and interesting line-up the put out there. I still can't seem to find a good list of them. I did get a black and white Donald Duck and a Peter Pan for my partner. Those are two of his favorite characters. And they are amazing looking!

BEAR

Reaction score
What interesting looking figures!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I dont know how helpful this will be, but this site has lists of all of the Kubricks. There is some English on the site, but unfortunately the majority of the information is in Japanese... If you had specifics that you were looking for maybe I could help you find the information.

http://www.kubism.net/TOPFR.html
Thanks Shimauta, that site is helpful.
From what I have seen there are seven series of seven Disney figures. There are also a few chase "secret figures" thrown in the mix, one per series I think. The properties cover the classic animated films from Peter Pan to Beauty and the Beast, black and white Mickey Mouse classic characters, Roger Rabbit, Nightmare Before Christmas, Pixar films like Monsters Inc, the live action Black Hole film and many more. It's a really odd and interesting line-up the put out there. I still can't seem to find a good list of them. I did get a black and white Donald Duck and a Peter Pan for my partner. Those are two of his favorite characters. And they are amazing looking!
Yeah I think you're right, as I've said when I start to get interested in collecting something, I go all out and I tend to do a little reseach. I went ahead and bought a Roger Rabbit one from series 6, I just had to, it was too cool and I love that movie too. I'm thinking about buying the Gonzo one too, but I'm trying to resist, :smile: , after all I can't spend too much money. Really cool figures, wacth knowing me, I'll probably have a big collection by the end of the year, :wink: .

Oh and just so I know too there are no plans on making more Muppet Kubricks, right? Cause it sure would be awesome to have Rowlf and Janice