Muppet Kubrick Collection

karamazov80

Reaction score
I went to a convenient store yesterday and was happy to find these little Star Wars bearbricks (made by the same company that makes Kubricks) attached to bottles of Pepsi!

http://www.zacpac.ne.jp/SHOP/bearbrick-pepsi-starwars.html
I really like the Boba Fett beer. They are slightly smaller than regular Be@rbricks, aren't they? In other Kubrick news, I actually got Batman, Joker, and Catwoman Kubricks today (from the Tim Burton movies), and they are really great. They costed me around $20 a piece, but they were worth it. And yesterday, I got some Planet of the Apes ones from the local comics shop. They are also excellent.

shimauta

Reaction score
I really like the Boba Fett beer. They are slightly smaller than regular Be@rbricks, aren't they?
I just got Wicket and Darth Maul and I believe that they are the same size. I will have to compare them with my other Be@rbricks when I get home though. I will keep my eye out for Boba Fett!

karamazov80

Reaction score
Well, I got the Muppet Kubricks (minus Beaker) in the mail a couple days ago, and overall, I really like them. But I must say, Miss Piggy is the disappointment of the set to me. The face likeness is off, and they picked a strange hair style for her.
Further, they did fat stomaches for some Kermit, Fozzie, and Sam
(with at least Fozzie having a custom stomach mold made for this set), but Piggy is as flat as can be. Ideally, she would be have a custom torso or over-the-torso-chest-piece with curves, but she needs, at the very least, some black lines indicating her "endowedness."

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, I got the Muppet Kubricks (minus Beaker) in the mail a couple days ago, and overall, I really like them. But I must say, Miss Piggy is the disappointment of the set to me. The face likeness is off, and they picked a strange hair style for her.
Further, they did fat stomaches for some Kermit, Fozzie, and Sam
(with at least Fozzie having a custom stomach mold made for this set), but Piggy is as flat as can be. Ideally, she would be have a custom torso or over-the-torso-chest-piece with curves, but she needs, at the very least, some black lines indicating her "endowedness."
Wow! Congradulations on finding them!

I thought Piggy was one of the best. They captured her better than Palisades was able to do (in their different style, of course). She's the only character in the set they didn't base off a Palisades design. The bodies tend to be either flat-boxy or pudgy on all the Kubricks. I guess it is their style.

Where did you pick these up? They seem to have gotten harder to locate.

karamazov80

Reaction score
Where did you pick these up? They seem to have gotten harder to locate.
I got them from www.verycoolthings.com, which I posted about earlier in this thread. Sadly, however, they should not have any more in stock.

Here is the full story, for anyone interested: I ordered 10 blind boxes of Muppet figs from their website early last month, but after a few weeks, found out from them that they only had "a few" figures left (i.e. not enough to fulfill my order completely), which were all opened.

It was all good, though, because they ultimately told me that they had one of each regular figure loose, and one boxed figure. I was only buying 10 out of the hope of getting the basic 5, anyway, so it was all fine.

I was happy to see that the blind boxed figure was Kermit, which I gave to my lady friend.

And tonight I won a nice figure to compliment my Muppets!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170236457337&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=007
:smile:

karamazov80

Reaction score
That Kubrick deserves an " :eek: "​
:smile: Indeed it does. I have seen more disturbing Kubricks, but this one is certainly distinctive in it's own right.

Also, your discussion of the influences of the Palisades figures on the Kubricks led to me comparing them. So, if anyone here is interested:

muppet baby

Reaction score
i would love to get the sesme street ones where can u get those that would be great . cool i would love to know where to get the entire collection that is done so far .

i would love to most of all miss piggy rizzo and kermit and pepe all of these if they are done right also wow sesme street that would be so great .:smile:

karamazov80

Reaction score
i would love to get the sesme street ones where can u get those that would be great . cool i would love to know where to get the entire collection that is done so far .

i would love to most of all miss piggy rizzo and kermit and pepe all of these if they are done right also wow sesme street that would be so great .:smile:
Another Piggy auction just popped up:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Medicom-Kubrick...ryZ48972QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The Sesame Street ones seem relatively easy to come by, and are frequently on eBay (even some with different colored Oscar the Grouches and Elmos).

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...maxRecordsPerPage=50&SortProperty=MetaEndSort