What TV shows are you currently watching?

unclematt

Reaction score
I just finished How I Met Your Mother Season 4 and have now started Weeds Season 2

dwmckim

Reaction score
Due to the current revival of Melrose Place i've been engaging in huge marathon rewatching of the original MP's via the box sets. SO many memories - of both the show AND talking about it live on the phone with my boyfriend at the time (watching on his end of the line) and my "Melrose buddies" at work the next day ("Can you BELIEVE what Sydney said/did/wore last night?")

The original holds up really well a decade later. I really did not like the new version when it started but i do give them credit for realizing the mistakes they were making (first and foremost extremely minimal involvement from anyone in the original cast) and have been going about correcting them. The new show's vastly improved but they still have a long way to go to match the quality of 90's Melrose.

As i type, i'm watching Syndey and Jane's catfight in the pool when Syndey puts on Jane's old wedding dress to marry her ex-husband. Last night i was laughing like crazy seeing Kassie Wesley DePaive (one of my fave actresses on One Life to Live's Blair Cramer) playing a not-changed-at-all overly perky cheerleader/class president at Jo's 10 Yr. High School Reunion!

dwmckim

Reaction score
OMG - picking up on my last thread, i just got to the episode where FARSCAPE'S BEN BROWDER had a bit part as Alison's high school boyfriend she runs into while visiting her family. I remember hearing he had a dayplayer part on Melrose Place and even looked up what part he played but this is actually the first time i'd seen it since hearing about it!

This would have been about six years before he started on Farscape and if you think he looked real boyish that first season (despite being in his late 30's at the time), just imagine how much younger he looks here! Longer hair too - still "short" but still quite more than he had on Farscape!

Even though he basically had a "nothing" part, you could still see he had a quiet intensity to his performance. What a treat! So far after watching seasons one and three and now almost all of season two (took awhile to find a cheap used copy), i've seen three of my fave actors from other shows in bit parts! Ben Browder, Kassie DePaiva (as mentioned in my last post), Tuc Watkins (from Desperate Housewives and One Life to Live...just saw him as a celeb guest earlier this week on Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader which was real fun - he got ten out of the ten questions but decided not to risk the bonus question. On MP he played a blind date of Alison's which was a small nothing part that he didn't really do anything special with despite his later ability to Make the Sun Shine in every scene he's in on both shows) - i also know Dan Gauthier (OLTL's Kevin Buchanan) shows up in a recurring part later on in the show's run which i can't wait to see!

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Currently watching Man Vs. Food, which will be followed by Ghost Adventures.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Right now I'm watching the Wendy Williams show. Because and ONLY because this is the episode that features Miss. Piggy :mad:.

I was channel surfing and saw Miss. Piggy, so I thought I would check it out.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
American Idol. :sing: Can't believe I'm still watching this after Adam Lambert didn't win last year and the wrong David won the year before that. :cry:

Quesal

Reaction score
Family Feud on the TV and Kamen Rider Decade on DVD on my computer! MULTITASKING!