This is how out of touch the company is...

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I don't think anyone from the MHC or JHC goes on youtube to see if any of there stuff goes on there a lot. I mean tons of people upload videos on youtube just about everyday or probably everyday, I would think it would be hard for the people behind youtube to manage what is getting upload.

Besides as mention before why would anyone want to spend that much time wacthing a movie from youtube?

I remember awhile back too reading something about how World Wrestling Entertainment was going after youtube for posting there copyrighted stuff, which would now include stuff from many other wrestling companies. I guess it didn't to much to take youtube down though or maybe they came to some sort of agreement, I don't know.

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
Who cares about Youtube? I mean the video quality is quite bad.
Don't think anyone would watch a whole movie there.
Its not about that, its about protecting and respecting the work. Copyrighted stuff gets posted on there all the time, but every company gets a hold of youtube to get it taken down within days, if not hours. Thats been there over a year. They rereleased the movie during the past year, the itunes agreement took place, and its sitting there for free.

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
This upload likely occurred after the official itunes launch of Henson content. If you are concerned you should contact Apple and Henson via email. I'm sure Apple Inc would be swift in getting the content removed from YouTube. :cool:
Im not really concerned people can see it there, Im more concerned about the fact that the company itself hasnt asked to have it taken down. Every other company would have been on that right away, time to get with the times... a clip here and there OK, but the whole movie? Thats not public domain, it makes it look like they dont care. I dont think thats the case, I think they might (until now) not even know its there, I can't decide which is worse.

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
I couldn't care less about TDC being posted on youtube, and it doesn't surprise me that JHC isn't doing anything. They can't even keep us updated on the new 'alleged' sequel, why would they possibly care about one of the most beloved films of all time being in essence, dissected for mass audiences? When Henson & Co can prove that they care about us, perhaps we'll return the favor.

My allegiance is to art, and not to it's benefactors and stockholders.

J.M. Prater
haha, of course this thread wouldnt be complete without Prater chiming in. Im with you on this, as you know already.

They need to hire someone to blog for them or something, it would be a start, a stepping stone towards pproper communication in this day and age. If they did their job right, the first thing that person would do is say, "you know, for a fantasy/adventure type entertainment company, the pdf press releases on the front page arent all that exciting, we may want to get rid of that..."

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I realize that it might be time to get some answers. I mean, as frustrated as I get, it's not like I (or any of us) know whats going on over on their end.

I think it may be time to try and organize some communication with the company to voice any concerns and ask any questions we have and hopefully learn a bit about their plans, goals, vision and how they operate as a group. It wouldn't just have to be about concerns, it could be about anything you might want to know about the company in general.

Id be happy to compile a list of questions from the community, and even though it says on the official site that they dont answer non-business/media inquiries, Im sure I could find a way to get it through and get some dialogue going. Ive done this for a pro sports team before and we came out of that meeting with management a million times more informed than we were going in, the whole thing was overwhelmingly positive and a lot of our concerns were either laid to rest or explained to the point that we understood why things are the way they are. Anyone interested?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I also think, maybe not in this case, that some companies view these low resolution YouTube unauthorized distributions as free promotional tools. They keep these properties fresh and in the public arena long after they've sunken from the mainstream view. There is more than one way to think about it. Personally I don't support pirated content that can be purchased in a store, but hard to find specials that will never see the light of day...well, that's another matter.

I think Henson's lack of focus on piracy doesn't mean they don't care about fans or their films. I don't make that connection. They're just moving forward with their energies. It would be nice for them to deal with some of these issues, but I really don't think they have the capability.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I mean tons of people upload videos on youtube just about everyday or probably everyday, I would think it would be hard for the people behind youtube to manage what is getting upload.
With as small a company as Team Henson is, this is true.

Besides as mention before why would anyone want to spend that much time wacthing a movie from youtube?
Well, the quality might not be 100% as effective as watching it on DVD or what have you, but it is decent enough to warrant a viewing.

I remember awhile back too reading something about how World Wrestling Entertainment was going after youtube for posting there copyrighted stuff, which would now include stuff from many other wrestling companies.
Well, ever since the end of The Attitude Era & the beginning of The InVasion Era, everything from WWF, WCW, and ECW (both the original and the new WWECW) fall under the WWE banner. To break it down, the reason the "E" is so swift in getting its stuff removed is because it now has its own YouTube account that can monitor what is being posted and how much. Of course, even that doesn't stop the millions...and millions of fans from posting old-school stuff from the company's past. ^_^

*snaps ala Ken Shamrock and tries to get at YouTube management to make sure they step up their game about what makes it through their system, copyrighted or not*

JMPrater

Reaction score
I'm with you 11th Uru. I have an email to the Henson company Publicist, so if people are interested, we can organize something and all sign it and send it her way. Or we could start a post here, everyone chime in, signing their posts and then send that in an email to Henson & Co.

Let me know,
JMP

Drtooth

Reaction score
Very true. :smile: I'd say Disney's not caring about the Muppets, as it would much rather pull stuff related to Mickey than pull anything of The Frog's.
Actually, they don't seem to be pulling stuff related to the Mouse either. But then again, a lot of those are Disney Afternoon cartoons. And I'm golad they're up there, since I don't know if Disney intends to release the rest of some of those series to DVD.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But then again, a lot of those are Disney Afternoon cartoons. And I'm golad they're up there, since I don't know if Disney intends to release the rest of some of those series to DVD.
Agreed. The same applies to Peanuts, for ever since Shultz died, a lot of the specials are so far in between that they're hardly aired anymore.