Saturday Morning memories thread

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Maybe, with TV going digital and many of the channels that air classic shows already in digital form, we'd have channels like the proposed Jim Henson channel that'll air everything Henson's produced that Team Henson could get license to, most namely anything regarding The Muppets--due to the partnership with Disney--and Fraggle Rock.
That would be so awesome if that were to happen! Maybe Disney could get on the ball with that! Do you think they have enouhg for a whole network?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
That would be so awesome if that were to happen! Maybe Disney could get on the ball with that! Do you think they have enouhg for a whole network?
*shrugs* The question is...could The Muppets and the cast of Fraggle Rock stand the test of time in regards to modern society? If they can last and be enjoyed by the next generation, then such a channel could be fesible, although another problem would arise in what could and couldn't be aired on the channel. Possibly, if PBS actually did go under, then Sesame Workshop could re-team with the Jim Henson Company and air both classic and new-school Sesame Streethttp://www.esnips.com/nsdoc/6c18ecf8-46f3-44b2-a2e5-ceef65e504a3/?action=forceDL.wav on that network. Then again, that's speculation...

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember when The Odyssey Channel, now the Hallmark Channel, used to show classic Muppet Shows and Fraggle Rocks. And they had something called the Saturday Morning 360. Where they'd show 360 minutes of classic kids shows like the Archies, Zoobilee Zoo, and classic Jim Henson shows like The Animated Fraggle Rock and the Animal Show. But then it was canceled fast. But yes, a Jim Henson network might be great to see.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Check this out. Here's a musical clip of all the Saturday Morning shows that were ever shown on CBS. I remember neat shows like Muppet Babies, Saturday Supercade, The Wuzzles, Garfield & Friends, and Pee Wee's Playhouse. :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INnOVzcC6Rk&feature=related
And the only one to return was the last one and it returned on [adult swim] because of Rueben's arrest, because the show was trippy (which seems to be the theme of [adult swim]), and because the show was originally geared towards adults before being altered for children.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
My Saturdays were great - I'd get up at 6 am with a bowl of Cheerios or Kix (my mom never let me have the sugary stuff :/) and watch Looney Tunes. After that it was Muppet Babies, Pee Wee's Playhouse, etc. and around 11 am or noon I'd go over to a friend's house and watch Saved By The Bell ;D

It makes me sad that kids these days are stuck with imports from other countries (don't get me wrong, I do love anime, but it shouldn't take over Saturday cartoon lineups!) or reruns from another channel (Discovery Kids, anyone?), or corny live-action tween shows. NOTHING is made exclusively for Saturdays anymore.

Xerus

Reaction score
You saw what CBS Saturday Mornings were like in the past. Now here's what NBC had to offer. I really loved The Bay City Rollers Show, Yogi's Space Race, Smurfs, Alf Tales, and Captain N. Back in those days, NBC was proud as a peacock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qc3tKBDdFLI