Saturday Morning memories thread

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Speaking of the Looney Tunes shows, Bommerrang was showing a marathon of Looney Tune cartoons thursday for new years.

The one where the guy discovers Michigan J Frog and tries to use him to get rich was funny/yet sad at the same time, because at the end, the guy was homeless after using all on his money in getting people to listen to the frog sing.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ Sigh, I wish I had that channel. All we get here is their On Demand thing.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I know in the nineties their was also Loney Toons on TNT and by the time they were on cartoon network they were edited to death.

Xerus

Reaction score
I know in the nineties their was also Loney Toons on TNT and by the time they were on cartoon network they were edited to death.
There was this one Looney Tunes ending scene that was edited so many times.

Daffy Duck was dressed in a devil costume and he performed an act where he swallowed gasoline, nitro glycerine, gunpowder, uranium 238 and a lighted match causing him to blow up and become a ghost. Some networks had the entire ending erased or had the gasoline and match scenes erased or just had Daffy hold the nitro glycerine bottle and blow up. Or they had Daffy just say, "Lights!" and he blows up which was pretty confusing.

And I heard on the Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show, there was this cartoon where an opera singer couldn't rehearse because Bugs was playing his banjo and singing. So the singer crumples up Bugs's banjo and clobbers him. The edit just had the singer looking angry at Bugs and then moves on to the next scene.

animal0606

Reaction score
- Scooby Doo
- G.i Joe
- Transformers
- Robotech
- He-Man & The Masters Of The Universe
- M.A.S.K
- Gobot
- Looney tunes
- Flintstones
- Smurfs
- Astro Boy
- Bionic Six
- Bravestarr
- Captain N : Game Master
- Captain Power & The Soldiers Of The Future
- Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers
- C.O.P.S
- Gummi Bears
- Duck Tales
- Dungeons & Dragons
- Garfield & Friends
- GhostBusters
- Inspector Gadget
- Jetsons
- Super Mario Brothers

ME LOVE 80ies TOONS :halo:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
A good list you have there :smile: Some of those I've never seen, though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love Captain N!
But that third season was... BLEHHH hehhe huhhh...Uhgh! They shouldn't have forced Captain N and Super Mario World to share a half hour. Captain N was a much better show when they were allowed the full 20 minutes for story development.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
But that third season was... BLEHHH hehhe huhhh...Uhgh! They shouldn't have forced Captain N and Super Mario World to share a half hour. Captain N was a much better show when they were allowed the full 20 minutes for story development.
Yeah, I agree. The episodes with from season three were animated strangely. And was it just me or did those episodes air after the series had already ended?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. The episodes with from season three were animated strangely. And was it just me or did those episodes air after the series had already ended?
Well, now we're entering technicality territory... Captain N is considered a separate series from Captain N and Super Mario World, hence why SHOUT! factory split them up as 2 separate DVD releases. So technically Captain N did end, but a new series was made basically to be a companion to SMW. And as such, they used the same cheap animation studio they used for SMW, and not the good Japanese studio that did the original series run.