Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

AAO

Reaction score
oh.. well if you look on amazon.com there are others that say that it's on there... now maybe some do and possibly don't or amazon got their story wrong. Even with an interview with Kermit and Fozzie they mentioned it and I was a little confused. I'm right now looking through all the discs and possibly hidden easter eggs for it...

Beakerballistic

Reaction score
When eas the interview? If it was a very long time ago, it might have been scrapped. Are you sure you're talking about the right season.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
"A Frog is Born" was a special feature originally planned for the DVD set, but was ultimately abandoned. A shame, because it was apparently created (otherwise, I don't think Whitmire would have promoted it).

:embarrassed: Fozzie was right. "A Frog is Born" is not on any copy of "The Muppet Show: Season 3". The Amazon reviews that say it is were written long before the DVD set was even released.

AAO

Reaction score
So then you understand my confusion...? Good. Because I knew it was missing..

Bigmouth

Reaction score
According to play.com the Region 2 version of season 3 will be released sept 1st.

Rowlph

Reaction score
The Bonus Features

I really am enjoying savoring the episodes. I am primarily watching the episodes that were not part of the previous 'Best of' set for starters. I am now mostly through these episodes and have been very pleased with how they have been gathered together for the Season 3 DVD set.

I really enjoyed the Bonus Features and hope that they have more of the same or even better for the remaining two season sets.

Personally I would like to see any Muppet material from the approximate time period of the original show, rather than anything new (like 'Muppets on the Muppets'), with the exception of any interviews or compiled 'making of' type items.

Here is a list of the muppet specials that I know of:
The Muppets at Walt Disney World
A Muppet Family Christmas (on DVD)
Inner Tube - pilot
The Christmas Toy (on DVD)
The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years
Of Muppets and Men: The Making of 'The Muppet Show'
The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show
The Muppets Go to the Movies
Muppet Side Splitter
John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together
The Muppets Go Hollywood
Muppet Breaker Upper
Muppet Gimme a Break
Julie Andrews: One Step Into Spring ?
Julie Andrews: One to One ?
Muppets No-Nonsense Show (original pitch reel?)
The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence - with Season 1
Muppet Picker Upper
Out to Lunch
The Muppets Valentine Show - with Season 1
Tales from Muppetland: The Muppet Musicians of Bremen
Tales from Muppetland: The Frog Prince
Muppets on Puppets - with Season 3
Original Muppet Pitch Reel - with Season 1

Did I miss any? Any corrections?

What do you think should be the bonus features for Season 4?
What do you think should be the bonus features for Season 5?

Keep in mind that they have a pattern of two longer bonus features + a one or a few shorter ones for each season set. I'll have to think about my preference and respond later.

:sympathy:

Rowlph

Reaction score
Bonus Features for Seasons 4 and 5

Here is my follow up post for the Bonus Features that I would like to see on Seasons 4 and 5. Obviously I would love to see all the specials, not already released on DVD, to be included as bonus features. However, since that seems unlikely with the length of the list below, the ones I think are absolutely necessary are:

Of Muppets and Men: The Making of 'The Muppet Show'
John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together
A Jim Henson Biography
A thorough Frank Oz interview

I think the 'Tales from Muppetland' series should be all released as a DVD set.

Otherwise it is hard for me to choose.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
<snip>n 1

Did I miss any? Any corrections?

What do you think should be the bonus features for Season 4?
What do you think should be the bonus features for Season 5?

Keep in mind that they have a pattern of two longer bonus features + a one or a few shorter ones for each season set. I'll have to think about my preference and respond later.

Well although it was about 25 years after the time of TMS itself, I would be inclind to include the BBC's documentary 'I Love The Muppets'. Just that one though, but none of the other more recent documentaries. That one was specifically focussed on TMS, and featured several members of the TMS 8.