Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

Rowlph

Reaction score
'I Love The Muppets' documentary

The 'I Love The Muppets' documentary looks good. Thanks for the good addition.

:sympathy:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I finished watch the set and I must say I'm impressed!

The Goods:
  1. The quality is excellent!
  2. The new menus are fantastic!
  3. UNCUT! Except the Zoot endings
  4. No more of those dumb, non-Muppet realated songs we had on the previous DVD menus
  5. Awesome bonus features. It's nice to see rare Muppet footage I've never seen. There were many audio dropouts on "The Muppets on puppets"; only three or four, and they're very short and are halfway through.
  6. Only 2 previews for other Disney things, insted of the many we usually get
The Bads:
  1. "A Company Of Players" wasn't relly that good. I mean, about 6 minutes in, they stop talking about the performers and start talking about the Muppet character's origins
  2. The packaging didn't feel very good, especially the non-fuzzy parts
  3. I must agree that the picture of the audience in the DVD holder looks pretty bad
  4. Ugh, Flat-face Kermit on one of the discs
  5. Not a real complaint about the set itself, but Scooter's "There's A New Sound" number is pretty repetitive. It's him basically singing the same verse four times over.
All in all, there were many episodes I've never seen here and it's nice to see them finally uncut and in good quality.

5/5

Bigmouth

Reaction score
Not a real complaint about the set itself, but Scooter's "There's A New Sound" number is pretty repetitive. It's him basically singing the same verse four times over.
I loved that song on my LP when I was a kid. Looking forward to seeing it.

A couple of years ago I saw a celebration to Jim Henson made at the theatre with the muppets talking about him. In what context was this made? Available? I remember I cried when I saw it. I think it enden with the song "if just one person believes in you". Don't remember. Can it be found on youtube?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I saw a celebration to Jim Henson made at the theatre with the muppets talking about him. In what context was this made? Available? I remember I cried when I saw it. I think it enden with the song "if just one person believes in you". Don't remember. Can it be found on youtube?
That's The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson. It might be on YouTube, I'm not sure.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I've just started to re-watch all of the episodes again... and I never realized what a beautiful woman's voice Leo Sayer has. :zany:

peyjenk

Reaction score
That beautiful woman's voice is about all he had going for him..... that guy was FREAKY!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That beautiful woman's voice is about all he had going for him..... that guy was FREAKY!
Agreed... you just want to pinch his head and see if he'll pop. Maybe all the helium will be released. :confused: :eek:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I think it was just that he was a singer and maybe hadn't done as much acting. He was also with the Muppets on The Tonight Show and he did a great job just being himself. :smile:

Idk, I just love his Muppet verison of "When I Need You." Hehe!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
heralde said:
Idk, I just love his Muppet verison of "When I Need You." Hehe!
Oh I do like his version of that song with Miss Piggy on The Tonight Show--it was just awesome! BUT! At first I thought it was a woman singing it. I spent a good long time trying to figure out how Leo could be a girl's name. :stick_out_tongue: