Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Really good so far.

Kermit: I didn't know that Crazy Harry played an instrument.

What about when he played the triangle in the season one opening. :smile: must have a short-term memory. Lol.

By the way, I asked this before but nobody answered so I thought I'd try again, does anyone know when the episode was where Fozzie first said "Wocka, wocka?" So far I haven't caught it on 'The Muppet Show.' Just in the movies. I'm thinking maybe I missed it somewhere.

Davina

Reaction score
nah.. we're all just too busy watching the episodes to try to find the answer :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, okay. I guess that's why no one answered the last time either. Lol. If I had more time on my hands, maybe I'd go through them from the first ep and find out which one it was. It was probably before the Cloris Leechmen ep, because in that, Fozzie Pig said "Hoga hoga" which was probably a parody of "Wocka wocka." Maybe I'm wrong on that. I still think it might have started in "The Muppet Movie." I guess we'll just have to keep searching.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Oh, okay. I guess that's why no one answered the last time either. Lol. If I had more time on my hands, maybe I'd go through them from the first ep and find out which one it was. It was probably before the Cloris Leechmen ep, because in that, Fozzie Pig said "Hoga hoga" which was probably a parody of "Wocka wocka." Maybe I'm wrong on that. I still think it might have started in "The Muppet Movie." I guess we'll just have to keep searching.
Fozzie Pig's "Hoga Hoga" is supposed to be a parody of "Wocka Wocka".

Interesting project. I'll see if I can find the first "Wocka Wocka" when I get the chance.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, thanks for that info. That indicates that Fozzie most likely first said 'Wocka Wocka' sometime in the second season. Like, I said if I had the time, I'd look through it too and see if I can find it. I'm just really busy this week. I have a tough job. (sigh)

muppet baby

Reaction score
I just got the chance to buy the muppet show season 3 on the 27th late in the after soon i know that is after midnight so i just got the chance to watch the only the first 2 eposdes and there is only one the thing that really disaponted me about the leo sayer epsosde . Leo sang to song ( i hope i got this right i mean i really like it a lot " if i need you " but the other one that i really wanted to hear to was , the song that was a hit for him and a faverie of mine " More Than words can say " . oh well i am glad that i got to hear at least one faverite from him he is a good singer .

vans

Reaction score
Praise #1: Harry Belafonte episode.

Praise #2: Loretta Lynn episode.

Praise #3: Pearl Bailey episode.

Praise #4: The show took bigger chances this season, especially with the afore-praised Harry Belafonte episode and Loretta Lynn episode (train station) and the Roger Miller episode (cluckitis) and the Lynn Redgrave episode (Robin Hood). They were happy to experiment, and it paid off for all of us.

Praise #5: We saw the introduction of Lew Zealand, a favorite of mine. He's underappreciated.

Praise #6: We were given the Muppets on Puppets special and the Purina Dog Chow commercials. Sure, the audio dropouts are a nuisance and we might ask for MORE commercials, but what we did get is great.

Praise #7: This season includes some classic skits that I remember from childhood and that will always have a special place in my heart, such as "Catch a Falling Star . . ." and "You're Always Welcome at Our House" and, of course, "Inchworm."

Praise #8: Most everything else.
Wow that's almost everything I love about this DVD set. I think Palisades should've made Robin Hood Themed (Lyn Redgrave episode) action figures instead of those Vacation stuff.

Lew Zealand is great. I can't forget that song with Rowlf. "Owt rof Eat and Eat rof Owt" (tune of Tea for Two) hehehe

The three Bear on Patrol episodes were cool! And "The Rhyming Song" on the Loretta Lyn episode still cracks me up.