Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 3

ohtherain

Reaction score
This was a really good box set. The only thing that I wish is that disc 4 had more bonus features! It says on the packaging "HOURS of bonus features" but it's only about 20-30 minutes worth! Why didn't they include something else. Maybe that documentary could have showed more behind-the-scenes footage. At least Disney is giving the Muppet fans box sets.

Amy

Reaction score
I have Season 3 running right now as I'm drafting up my next two Muppet covers.
I think my favourite episodes are the ones where the guest stars absolutely throw themselves into the show and are clearly having a blast being characters as over-the-top as their Muppet hosts. Peter Ustinov, Spike Milligan, John Cleese co-wrote his show...

I'm watching Danny Kaye right now with the Swedish Chef and it's an absolute scream.

I really don't care too much about Special Features on these sets, I'm just happy to have the shows. I especially like how the UK spots often focus on old British music hall numbers. It's initally a little odd watching 'American' characters singing old cockney songs like 'Any Old Iron', but they do it so well.

I hope that Roger Langridge, being a New Zealander living in England, will carry this tradition on in the comics.

Honbrifcl

Reaction score
So quiet for Season 4...

Season 3 was fairly quick after season 2. So what about the next season? I can't wait, I need to have them all! It has been a year now and no news yet, does anybody have information on the next set?

David French

Reaction score
Season 3 was fairly quick after season 2. So what about the next season? I can't wait, I need to have them all! It has been a year now and no news yet, does anybody have information on the next set?
Have a look at the "Hopes for Season Four" thread. It's not coming out until next year.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
the first ten or so episodes were great, then it went a little downhill, but there were funny episodes and the finally was good. i'm just hoping the cover of the next season is scooter, but it'll most likely be animal. :wink:

all and all, i liked season 3, the box was neat too, having it fuzzy

Nekoshema

Reaction score
Nah again it will be Gonzo, :concern:
i really hope so, it should be gonzo, i mean, list the main muppets. kermit, piggy, fozzy, gonzo.

i'm just saying they might think it'll be dificult and not choose him, though they should... and scooter for season five cuz everyone knows he's the greatest :wink: hee

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I think Gonzo will most likely be on the cover of Season 4, after that I think it will be somewhat of a close call between Scooter and Animal. Or maybe even Rowlf. I'm really really hoping it will be Scooter. As a Scooter fan, I think it would be super cool to have him on one of the covers. Give the go-fer some more recognition so to speak :wink:

I bought Season 3 last week, and I was happy to see on the back cover of the DVD cases showing some of the Muppets (Kermit, Sweetums, Robin, etc) that Scooter was there on the cover but unfortunately half of him was cut out. God, I'm such a nerd I know lol.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I think Gonzo will most likely be on the cover of Season 4, after that I think it will be somewhat of a close call between Scooter and Animal. Or maybe even Rowlf. I'm really really hoping it will be Scooter. As a Scooter fan, I think it would be super cool to have him on one of the covers. Give the go-fer some more recognition so to speak :wink:

I bought Season 3 last week, and I was happy to see on the back cover of the DVD cases showing some of the Muppets (Kermit, Sweetums, Robin, etc) that Scooter was there on the cover but unfortunately half of him was cut out. God, I'm such a nerd I know lol.
Well, most of us are nerds anyway.

It was annonced recently that Gonzo will most definitely be on the cover of season 4. :concern: woot!