Fozzie Muppet Replica delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Hey all-

I can tell you that as of today, Fozzie is unequivocally, definitely 100% NOT cancelled. We are still planning on making him, but the WHEN is a little trickier due to the aforementioned factory issues. (Oh, and to address an earlier point that someone made, we did not "walk away" from the factory -- THEY chose not to make any more Muppets, due to the # of people needed, and the length of time that they took. And we're finding other vendors are saying similar things.) I am in a tough spot here though, because if I tell you "Fozzie will be out in August," and then he doesn't come out in August, everyone cries foul, and we're late and we suck etc. Conversely, if I hold my tongue, and try to wait until I have realistic dates, then we're withholding information from die hard fans. I tell ya, some days it sucks to be on the inside. :frown:

Anyway, to quickly address the Comic Con issue... We were going to go. But couple the fact that (as people have mentioned) we have had a lot of shake ups this year, that the costs to go to Comic Con are going UP and UP, and that we have no new products right now to sell to recoup said escalating costs... and well, it didn't make sense to go. We are still doing the Fall Toy Fair in Dallas, and right now, all plans are to move forward with Fozzie (and all of our other projects) as planned!

Oh, and so... not Muppet related, but I wanted to share another project with you that I am very proud of... this one's for you Disney fans -- our new classic Disney 3D Marquees:

http://masterreplicas.com/customer/community/news/detail.php?id=153

Oh, and stay tuned for another new license announcement soon!

And updates on Fozzie as soon as I get them. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Travis! We all appreciate what you do and the spot you are in. I still get a daily thrill waking up to my Gonzo, Kermit and Animal posers greeting me every morning. Sure, Gonzo and Animal took some minor fan finessing, but that's always likely to happen and they truly are stunning pieces worth twice the price (but don't spread that around). :wink:

I understand about Fozzie. Any and all information is always welcome and understood as tentative. I hope everything works out in good time. I'm happy to take a bit of a poser breather as they carry a hefty price tag for a freelance artist. I hope he will make a good Christmastime release. :embarrassed:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Something tells me it has to do with The Ghostbusters. If this is the little clue that CSTom was hinting at at MR.

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Travis! We all appreciate what you do and the spot you are in. I... :embarrassed:

Ha! - He's not one of us anymore - He said he do a sheep... wait wrong forum...

Oh the agony of being a rumor mill... must be killing him to hold info - like a fart in church... Must be twistin' the knife not to let us know... Oh the agony - Ag-O-ny!

Dude - How about using a Mexican Factory - Don't we own them by now. Or are you afraid that they would ship themselves in the boxes wearing the Fozzie head?**

How about pickin up an Action Figure License or - How aboot restarting the WETA Muppets and make a Floyd Pepper and Rizzo - Seems like an easy buck - easier than waitin' on your John's to get by.

*(J&SBSB reference)
**(This is a Joke people - Send your replies to klilly@creativemaximus.com)

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Something tells me it has to do with The Ghostbusters. If this is the little clue that CSTom was hinting at at MR.
You beat me to it MC, I was gonna guess Ghostbusters. MR really need lessons in cryptic clues:wink: All I can say is 'yaaaaaaaaaaaay':big_grin:

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Trav-daddy,

Thank you for the update. Yeah sorry I will not contribute to the holding onto information, they suck, their lame, their late, ...but they said, game. A good number of us here understand, appreciate, and respect your position and dedicated commitment. we'll keep them in line. LOL HOW IS BABY TRAV-DADDY! I think it would be considered an accessory and I think we may have touched on it somewhwere else but in the meantime would there be any takers in a 500 peice run of a lightup Muppet Show sign if MR could make one? Could be good usage of the same sized box that Fozzie will come in. Piggy will also use that sized box too I know.

Kevin

mickeymouse18

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first post, although I've been reading posts on the forum for ages! Kermit, gonzo and animal are all in my room (love them all) and are waiting for fozzie! Can't wait!

I was just wondering as Travis (thanks so much for the information you give, by the way) had mentioned the new disney 3d marquees (will they be making others after the four they have for pre-order?), whether he or anyone else, knows what else they have in store with the license, and whether they can also produce pixar products?

Also, obviously the muppets are priority, but what are the chances of them making cookie monster one day! :insatiable:

I really hope after fozzie they make miss piggy, rizzo, statler and waldorf, rowlf, bunsen and beaker!

Also love the idea of the muppet show sign :smile:

Sorry about all the questions!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi mickeymouse18,

Welcome to Muppetcentral.

Its always great to see other UK fans and collectors.

Glad to hear you have the three replicas so far on display, I also have them and think they are great.

With regards to Cookie Monster, its pretty safe to say he will not get made, firstly he is a Sesame Street license, which is not covered under the current Muppets license, but you can never say never.

We are all excited about Fozzie Bear, he is taking longer than expected but we appreciate that Master Replicas have gotta get it right.

Have you got any pics of your collection? Do you collect other Muppet stuff or Just the replicas?

Chris

Kermieuk

England UK

Luke

Reaction score
Forgot to ask this earlier, but if Travis is reading in, what is the status on the Electric Mayhem figurines?

puppetmancan

Reaction score
Hello does anyone know who will be the next muppet released by MR?

Status
Not open for further replies.