What movie are you planning on, going to see?

Pork

Reaction score
I'd like to see Coraline. When does it open in Australia does anybody know?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well I finally got to see "the Wrestler" and let me say it is a great movie. To anyone who didn't see it, go see it, I'm sure you'll love it. I also saw Caroline (in 3D, which made it all the more great) and that's another I totally love. I'm going to pick up both of these movies on DVD.

As for movies I'm planning to see, well so far in 2009 I'm looking forward to two Disney movies: The Princess and the Frog and Disney/Pixar's Up. I also might check out Dreamworks Monsters vs Aliens

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to check that one out too! I have restored faith in them after Kung Fu Panda!
You know I haven't seen Kung Fu Panda either, but I hear nothing but good things about it, so that's another one I need to add to my list of movies to see.

I'm not a huge Dreamworks fan, anyone who knows me, knows I'm a pretty big loyal Disney fan. I wasn't impressed with Sherk the thrid, Bee Movie, and Sharktale. So when Kung Fu Panda came out, I thought it was just another Dreamworks waste of time movie. But after hearing what I've been hearing about it and checking out more previews of that movie, I'm totally willing to give it a try, maybe I should go rent that movie tonight, :smile::wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I haven't had any time to go to the movies lately, to be honest.

It won't be out for a while yet, but I'd love to go see the movie version of The Adventures of Tintin.

On a related note, I'm pretty pleased that I was able to dig up one of the DVDs of the Nelvana series while I was in New York on Friday afternoon; it's available in Canada but not so much here in the States.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know I haven't seen Kung Fu Panda either, but I hear nothing but good things about it, so that's another one I need to add to my list of movies to see.

I'm not a huge Dreamworks fan, anyone who knows me, knows I'm a pretty big loyal Disney fan. I wasn't impressed with Sherk the thrid, Bee Movie, and Sharktale. So when Kung Fu Panda came out, I thought it was just another Dreamworks waste of time movie. But after hearing what I've been hearing about it and checking out more previews of that movie, I'm totally willing to give it a try, maybe I should go rent that movie tonight, :smile::wink:
It's interesting, because that movie rivals the likes of Well-E in my opinion! But this really is a good movie and the best Dreamworks one that they have put out sense before Shrek.

Drtooth

Reaction score

Me too, I felt. But they actually tried to make it a serious Kung Fu movie with NO pop culture references, NO fart jokes, and none of their usual shenanigans (other than the celebrity voice actors but that's par for the course, and they worked beautifully here).

Of course you'd be soured by those exact movies. Only reason someone can get into Bee Movie is if they're fans of Jerry Seinfeld's stand up (not the show Seinfeld... his actual stand up), since it's basically his stand up routine put into story form and animated. Shrek 3 was decent, but the whole Puss changing into Donkey and Vice versa went on waaaaay too long, and it just made the same basic jokes about how Donkey and Puss have a caustic relationship. And Shark Tale was a terrible idea to begin with, as it was one of Dreamworks' "Pixar did it, so we can do it with higher profile actors and a fake attitude" type pictures.

I'm planning on seeing Monsters VS Aliens, but so far, it doesn't look like it will impress me at all. Plus I think I'm gonna hate that blob thing for multiple reasons.