What movie are you planning on, going to see?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I really don't know why all of these people want to see the movie either, even though they've never seen one trek movie or episode. Makes me wonder why the new movie seems appealing to those newer people and the other movies didn't.
They meant to do it because wanted to make it appealing to people who are not fans of Star Trek, because there is more money in dumbing things down, selling to the lowest common denominator instead of appealing to only Trekkies.

Kiki

Reaction score
Hmm. Kinda wanted to see The Curious case of Benjamin Button, but I don't think it's screening anymore. *Shrug* I kinda liked the concept... Brad Pitt ageing backwards.

[Insert your own surgery gag here] :stick_out_tongue:

Pork

Reaction score

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah, but it's only the people who weren't trekkies already that like it! My brother is disgusted...he reckons they ruined the star trek legacy.
Yeah, but still it's doing good bussiness. Just like with X-men movies, the people (like myself) who read the comics didn't really care for the movies cause it's far off from the comics. Movie companies will do that cater to the more casual fan base instead of the more hardcore fan base, it's lame but that's the way it is.

Speaking of X-men though, I've been hearding mostly bad things about the new Wolverinie Origins movie, :sympathy:

Pork

Reaction score
Speaking of X-men though, I've been hearding mostly bad things about the new Wolverinie Origins movie, :sympathy:
I've been trying to get feedback from people about it but nobody seems to have an opinion. I'm most likely going to see it on the w/e though...so I'll soon find out.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I'll give my opinion on the Wolverine movie since I saw it last week.

The movie is okay, nothing special. I would give it a grade of C.

However, although Hugh Jackman is good as Logan/Wolverine, and we get to see his past and growing up with his brother from the mid 1840's all the way into the early 1980's when the movie is set, the movie after that gets the misses.

If you're a major X-Men comic book fan, you're going to see a lot of things that shouldn't be in the movie, because they're not in the comics. Now I'm not a comic book guy, but the people who are and who saw the movie are complaining about Deadpool. They also don't like how the writers just threw in Gambit just for the heck of it. I guess I have to be one those people too because Gambit didn't really do anything.

There are a few mutants you will recognize towards the end, and there is a surprise cameo of another major mutant. But I won't ruin it for those who want to see it.

Overall, I'd give the movie a C.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'll give my opinion on the Wolverine movie since I saw it last week.

The movie is okay, nothing special. I would give it a grade of C.

However, although Hugh Jackman is good as Logan/Wolverine, and we get to see his past and growing up with his brother from the mid 1840's all the way into the early 1980's when the movie is set, the movie after that gets the misses.

If you're a major X-Men comic book fan, you're going to see a lot of things that shouldn't be in the movie, because they're not in the comics. Now I'm not a comic book guy, but the people who are and who saw the movie are complaining about Deadpool. They also don't like how the writers just threw in Gambit just for the heck of it. I guess I have to be one those people too because Gambit didn't really do anything.

There are a few mutants you will recognize towards the end, and there is a surprise cameo of another major mutant. But I won't ruin it for those who want to see it.

Overall, I'd give the movie a C.
Didn't the Hulk make a cameo in this?