Did Jareth change Toby's diaper?

Monsoon

Reaction score
Okay, we all know Toby must've needed his diaper changed at least once, and he must've needed food.

Since all the goblins are idiots, I'm guessing Jareth had diaper duty, and I doubt he got his royal hands on some Huggies or Pampers. But, maybe he did.

Not to mention Toby must've needed at least one nap. Makes me wonder just how well Toby was looked after.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Of course he did, in fact I think one of the things that made Jareth so sexy was how good he seemed to be with a baby :smile:.
As far as diapers go, cloth diapers are hundreds of years older than the fancy store bought ones that most people use now. I'm sure he just used the old fashion type with a leather diaper cover :smile:.
As far as naps go, I can just picture the two of them all cozy together as father and future goblin son..Sooo cute :big_grin:!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
He did apparently have bottles of milk on hand.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well...as disturbing as I can imagine that would be, I'm sure he was on diaper duty, yes. He probably sang him to sleep, as well. Maybe the diapers went to the bog of Eternal stench?

Rose

Reaction score
I would think little Toby was well looked after seeing that Jereth was a Goblin king looking after Toby was all too easy for him. Just a wave of his hands provided the little darling with everything he needed encluding a quiet comfortable place to have his naps. :smile:

Okay, we all know Toby must've needed his diaper changed at least once, and he must've needed food.

Since all the goblins are idiots, I'm guessing Jareth had diaper duty, and I doubt he got his royal hands on some Huggies or Pampers. But, maybe he did.

Not to mention Toby must've needed at least one nap. Makes me wonder just how well Toby was looked after.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I don't think Jareth would at all. He doesn't seem the type. He likes Toby and wants to have him, but I don't really think there's a love or fatherly feeling there. He uses him to get to Sarah, and doesn't know how to handle him when he cries.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
He wasn't the type initially, but the kid does start to grow on him. We start off with Toby in the center of the throne room and by the time Sarah gets there, he's all huggy.

I would guess, though, that he'd just get goblins to go and steal groceries and stuff from our world.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
If this is a discussion concerning the manga, then I can't exactly say what's what beause I haven't really read it much. I've seen a glimpse of it (I dislike anime greatly).

However, if this concerns the movie itself...
I'm game.

He may have been fond of the child, but I'm sure he wasn't SO fond that he'd change his diapers. Hmm, maybe Jareth sent over a more experienced goblin (female, I should assume) to care for the child.

In caring for Toby there must have been enough baby-care supplies since Jareth must've planned out his scheme before having sent Sarah hurling over to the Labyrinth.

Jareth is a rather intelligent character...

I'm sure he was prepared.

XD *Imagines him poking the child curiously*

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Something I noticed is that Jareth was really careless with Toby. When he threw Toby around during the Magic Dance number, he didn't even bother to catch him at least once, leaving a goblin to catch him instead. This could imply that he did not hold Toby in high regards. Though this could also just be an example of his magic powers, and that he knew Toby would not be injured.

That being said, I don't think Jareth would be the ideal father figure of the year, that's for sure. That's not to say that he didn't have good intentions as far as Toby was concerned, but I don't think he really knew what he was doing.

If this is a discussion concerning the manga, then I can't exactly say what's what beause I haven't really read it much. I've seen a glimpse of it (I dislike anime greatly).
Anime and manga are not the same thing. Not trying to start something or anything. Just as a sequential artist myself (of cartoony comics, not manga per se) I just had to put that out there. I'm a nitpicky nerd when that is concerned. :insatiable: