Did Jareth change Toby's diaper?

Redsonga

Reaction score
It's fun to try :wink:.

Meh, total girl power is overrated, I'd much rather see chivalry and gentlemanly respect come back into fashion :smile:. I think it is the nature of love to give up some power to the other person, to truly rely on one another in a selfless way... To me codepeniticy (sp?) is not a dirty word that you need mental help for :smile:...
But then, I was raised by a very old-fashion family...I'm proud of that though :3

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Meh, total girl power is overrated, I'd much rather see chivalry and gentlemanly respect come back into fashion . I think it is the nature of love to give up some power to the other person, to truly rely on one another in a selfless way... To me codepeniticy (sp?) is not a dirty word that you need mental help for
Well, it was fun for awhile. But nothing lasts forever, heh.

Gentlemanly respect would be wonderful! And codependancy is great too. I'm just not sure Jareth knows the meaning of the word, hehe. :wink:

I guess my background is a strange mixture of old fashioned and hippie, lol. At least that's what I've been told.

"And I've kept yelling since I first commenced it, I'm against it!" :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
My parents weren't hippies, my daddy fought in 'Nam and my ma was an office worker for the army and they when around europe on a motorcycle half braking the law...
To think I could have been born in Germany *sighs*

Anyhow, back on topic (or back on off topic that is somehow related to the topic because it relates to how Jareth and Sarah's relationship could be seen) I've never been a fan of hardcore women's lib "You have no power over me!" thinking. Maybe it's because I felt like Sarah never really gave Jareth's love a chance and was just stereotyping him. *hugs the Jareth*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's a strange world; some people say I'm very conservative. Then others say I'm insanely liberal. It's just interesting how people can have such difference perspectives, you know? Hehe :smile:

I hope I'm not too hard core women's lib, since I don't agree with everything they say. I just hope I respect all human beings and their right to dignity and freedom. That doesn't make love any less real. :smile:

Jarth doesn't say, hey let's obey each other. He's asking the girl to obey him first, and THEN he'll obey her, lol. Though I will say for him, you have to adore his disapointed expression at the end, man Bowie rocks! Hehe :flirt:

Redsonga

Reaction score
He's asking the girl to obey him first, and THEN he'll obey her, lol
I think the 'obey' thing was more of his way of saying 'love'. It also seemed to me like he was really saying 'Actually seriously look at my love as a person.' and Sarah was like '"OMG you said obey you evil evil man! I didn't even listen to the rest of it because you stole my brother (even though I asked you to, and even though it was only a game)! YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME! (Never mind that I'll probably never find a magical handsome guy that truly loves me with his whole soul like you again in a million years!"
Grrr..*sigh* Even if he hadn't looked like David Bowie I would have said yes :stick_out_tongue:.

anytimepally

Reaction score
This is my favorite Labyrinth question ever :stick_out_tongue: .. and I don't think Jareth would've changed the diapers himself.. he had lackeys for that, probably someone's only duty.. (hehe)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
(Never mind that I'll probably never find a magical handsome guy that truly loves me with his whole soul like you again in a million years!"
Well, I'm sure Sarah eventually found someone. And I'm sure he was ten times more generous, deep and less manipulative than Jareth. :wink:

In a fantasy world, I'd have Jareth's poster on my wall, but I'd end up with Hoggle, lol. (He is the one who actually did change. :wink: )

Relationships are great, but they aren't guaranteed to last. You have to protect yourself and think of yourself too, otherwise you're very lost after a breakup, at least initially. (I am speaking from some experience heh)

Redsonga

Reaction score
Relationships are great, but they aren't guaranteed to last. You have to protect yourself and think of yourself too, otherwise you're very lost after a breakup, at least initially. (I am speaking from some experience heh)
Meh, you sure have a lot of faith in the real world. I really really don't see that happening :stick_out_tongue:. I think Sarah gave up any hope of that when she stopped believing in a large part of herself to be 'grown up'. That is just asking for a life of giving into peer pressure and not not being true to yourself IMHO, and that is never good for finding a nice guy, let alone one that puts Jareth to shame :\.

Although, I am not one of those very jaded fans that thinks that Sarah would only end up with a boyfriend that beats her, that is just going too far IMHO :\

In a fantasy world, I'd have Jareth's poster on my wall, but I'd end up with Hoggle, lol. (He is the one who actually did change. )
Actually, Jareth did change. But then, I never liked Hoggle that much, even after he did change. Sure he was brave but who is to say Jareth didn't just let him be? I think Jareth had every control over all the ceartures in the labyrinth and he was the one holding the puppet stings for all Sarah's friends, and not just when they were doing evil...
So in a way every change in the labyrinth was Jareth's, if you look deeper than just the type of character he comes off as, which is more the character Sarah wanted him to be than who he really is IMHO

I know that but I still don't do it, it just isn't me. Heartbreak just makes for too much good writing I guess :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I used to be more cynical, and I still think you need to be on your guard in the real world. But the thing is, there's both good and bad in the world. And you have to fight the bad. But to deny the good would be wrong. The real world is what we make it, no more, no less. And it takes guts to help create the good (including writing stories which is great). :smile:

And yes, giving into peer pressure and losing your identity isn't a great way to meet a good guy. But sometimes trying too hard to be different and doing the unexpected can also lead to the wrong guy (again, I see both of these instances all the time). Basically both extremes are no good. I think it's best to stop thinking so much about the world, whether you're embracing or rebelling against it, and just think for yourself.

Oh I agree, heartbreak is great for writing and it's good to use your own experiences! It's just that, you're a living, breathing special human, and your well-being is more important than words on a page. After all they wouldn't exist without you. :wink:

Kermit always cares more about his friends, than any movie or play they do. Again, fantasy should encourage you to make a difference in the world, not hide from it because it's flawed. Not saying I'm always great at this, but that is the idea.

This is an interesting discussion!

Redsonga

Reaction score
embracing or rebelling against it, and just think for yourself.
But thinking about those sort of things is thinking for myself, very much in fact...

But sometimes trying too hard to be different and doing the unexpected can also lead to the wrong guy
But hanging onto what makes you different, even in the face of everyone saying 'grow up' isn't trying too hard, it's staying true to who you are. It's not really hiding from the real world because you still see that world, it's just being more picky than most people about how you see it :smile:. Everyone thinks of hiding as something different, to me fantasy is life, so I don't see it as hiding. The way I see it there are plenty of people doing the everyday way of seeing things, they wouldn't miss Sarah if she never joined that crowd, or me for that matter :wink:.
Oh I agree, heartbreak is great for writing and it's good to use your own experiences! It's just that, you're a living, breathing special human, and your well-being is more important than words on a page. After all they wouldn't exist without you.
True, I made the words. But words have a way of outliving even the oldest person. They have a life all their own and will last somehow even in memory as ideas somewhere, even if they are never published. In this way I really do think words and ideas are much more important than myself, because they are not limited to myself. They really do have more worth to me than myself, they always have...
That's why Sarah's story is such a sad one to me.
Anyone can decide to 'grow up' but the ones that don't, even if some many think of them as backward or odd, are the ones that truly see the depth of the ideas of life. That extra something, beyond just the idea of magic, that not many people stop to notice :smile: