Angelina Jolie In Talks to Star in New Muppet Film

Beauregard

Reaction score
Dave Goelz did it once...But then again he didn't come across as sexy in Elmo in Grouchland, I suppose that depends on your definition though.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Somehow, this thread turned "fowl".
Well, when you get a clucking hen like Beau in here things are bound to fly south, if ya know what I mean.

WAYMOND

Reaction score
uppitymuppity,

I see your point and I guess maybe I'm confused about this.

When we discuss the Muppets universe...should there be a clear distiction between those characters of the Muppet Show and those of Sesame Street and Fraggle Rock? I do remember the Muppet Show being more adult centered than SS and FR, which seemed more Kid centered. If that is so, then I agree that adult themes in the Muppet Show are historically present and adult references would not be unappropriate in a new muppet movie. But can the same be said for SS and FR?

I guess I was not putting that distiction there, which upon second thought is not a correct way to look at the Muppets as a whole. ...am I making any sense?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I guess I was not putting that distiction there, which upon second thought is not a correct way to look at the Muppets as a whole. ...am I making any sense?
You definatly are making sense (but why make sense when you could be making dollars?). We are talking about Angela being in the new Muppet Movie though. I'd be less at ease with her appearing in, say, the new Fraggle Movie. I think the people in that film should be positive role-models.

On the otherhand, as has been said, Ange is a humanitarian and seems a wonderful person.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Ange is a humanitarian and seems a wonderful person.
:eek: How can you say that Beau? Doesn't being a humanitarian mean she eats exclusively humans?

WAYMOND

Reaction score
I always like to see positive roll models. I really hope that the cast will be made up of many of them!