Angelina Jolie In Talks to Star in New Muppet Film

Drtooth

Reaction score
Let's just be thankful that we're not going to get Rob Schnider ruining another Muppet movie...yuck...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Same as it always was.

I don't think the classic Muppet Movie was filled with role models, just funny famous people. I believe kids should look in their own families and communities for roll models instead of Hollywood. It has never been that old conservative notion -Hollywood values are corrupting the culture- and such nonsense. Many parents haven't properly taught their children where to look for inspiring people or what is really important.

So, no, I don't want the new Muppet movie to be filled with roll models. I merely want it to stand up to the original trilogy and be the funny! They should do what they've always done and this cameo seems in keeping with that tradition. It's actually the last three films that haven't so much (for better or worse).

Jolie is a roll model in her own right anyway. This is how I saw her part being written:

As the Muppets one by one are contacted around the world to come back to save their theater in New York, a character like Kermit is stranded with her on a goodwill trip to Africa so she mans a helicopter to fly him back - action move style. Then we don't see much of her until the end when she, along with other stars, stands along side the Muppets in solidarity to save the theater.

Okay, it probably will be nothing like that, but that's closer to what I had in my head than some pole-dancing Angelina flirting with Pepe at a gentlemen's club. I guess this casting could be considered a Rorschach test.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
... some pole-dancing Angelina flirting with Pepe at a gentlemen's club.
... :smile:

:rolleyes: : How ju get my movie scripts, okay? Ju steal my scripts, ju leak my plot, now the very sexy Miss Jolina will never do this scenes, okay! Dios mio, ju make me so mad at ju! Mind jour own pork and Qs, okay.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Haha - good one Superscooter!

It's hard to find role models in this town these days... Stars are not always what they seem - I could tell ju stories ok!

If I had to choose I think I would pick Susan Sarandon as my Hollywood role model. I always seem to like what she stands (up) for. She's classic Hollywood though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think the classic Muppet Movie was filled with role models, just funny famous people. I believe kids should look in their own families and communities for roll models instead of Hollywood. It has never been that old conservative notion -Hollywood values are corrupting the culture- and such nonsense. Many parents haven't properly taught their children where to look for inspiring people or what is really important.
Hey! Sesame Street took a chance and had Richard Pryor on the show for 2 segments. Even child friendly, yet really adult cartoon stars The Simpsons had a cameo at one point. And the complaints were minimal.

I think all this blaming Hollywood (and cartoons) for what's supposedly wrong with kids is hog wash. If TV had that much affect on me, I'd be constantly kicking puppy dogs off tables, dropping anvils on everybody, and collecting and storing boogers.

I don't see why Angie wouldn't bring some sexy to the movie. But I hardly think it's going to turn a "kiddy program" hard core.

Personally, the only thing I was worried about with her is that the whole focus would be on her. I've warmed up to her being in the film. i'm all for a cameo. But I really want to see someone different as the picture's villain. Another Charles Grodin, Tim Curry, or Charles Durang (or whatever his last name was).

I'd love to see someone play a villain in a muppet movie, and then go on Sesame Street and be a friend to the SS muppets (Didn't Doc Hopper play Santa Claus in Elmo saves Christmas?)

muppet baby

Reaction score
oh that is some good news to about angie and brad even though i do not follow them that much, that would be so much fun to see them in a muppet film, i had read in some other places that she is a muppets fan . That is so great when a parent is a fan before they have kids or they have been a fan sense childhood for kids and adults with entertaimant you can not get any better than the muppets .

Brad Pitt and miss piggy hahahahahahahaha wow that is really funny, and u know if they had him and her as interested in each other for a little bit in the film that would be funny to see miss piggy and angie get in to a FIGHT , i would love that anyone with me there ?

i hope they would have some other celberaties in the flim that would be great :wink:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Sound cool. I'll admit that I have had a bit of a crush on Ms. Jolie for some time now. Seeing her in a Muppet movie would be great.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I am NOT a fan of either Brad or Angelina. They seem really fake to me. And I think bringing stars that "big" into a Muppet movie will just take away from the Muppets. Instead of "Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy star in: "blank"," it will become Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie star in the new Muppet movie. Besides, I don't think Miss Piggy will stand having the spotlight stolen by Angelina, and she certainly wouldn't appreciate her's and Kermit's relationship being knocked out of the media by Brangelina. :wink: Those are just my thoughts.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It really depends on whether guest starts are able to take something of a back seat to the Muppets, and not act all "Oh aren't I wonderful for just appearing in this movie!"