Are these the new Fraggle puppets for the movie?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Ditto. But oh well...What's done has been done.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Ditto. But oh well...What's done has been done.
Well, it hasn't been done yet..there is still hope :smile:. Not as much hope as if a fan was writing it, but hope :smile:.
*dreams of a movie format of one of her fanfic ideas*
Aw well :sympathy:.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
A Fraggle Rock without Doc is not Fraggle Rock - they should hurry and film before he really does leave us :frown: If, in fact, they are planning to have him in it. If they DID have a teen, I should hope it would be something like his grandkid so he would be included somehow.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But how could Sprocket being included if Doc were to pass the magic on to someone else?

Redsonga

Reaction score
But how could Sprocket being included if Doc were to pass the magic on to someone else?
He could have given Sprocket to someone else like a normal dog...Or they might act like Sprocket was never Doc's at all in the first place, which goes back to the whole idea of rewriting the first series backstory and ruining everything :frown:. But like I said, I can see a writer who only puts in an effort to only put in places and characters and basic themes doing that so they don't have to actually think about what they think are little details :coy: (that are actually big details to those of us that grew up with FR). And then, of course, doing the "OMG I put in everything, how could you not like it?" comment later on -.-

wwfpooh

Reaction score
He could have given Sprocket to someone else like a normal dog...Or they might act like Sprocket was never Doc's at all in the first place, which goes back to the whole idea of rewriting the first series backstory and ruining everything :frown:. But like I said, I can see a writer who only puts in an effort to only put in places and characters and basic themes doing that so they don't have to actually think about what they think are little details :coy: (that are actually big details to those of us that grew up with FR). And then, of course, doing the "OMG I put in everything, how could you not like it?" comment later on -.-
But if they cared, they would see how even the most small details mattered on a show meant for a worldwide audience, because--as with the original series--if the movie lacks something, people across the world could be upset (and I am not talking just one demographic, because show reached a global scale & was seen by millions of people).

Redsonga

Reaction score
But if they cared, they would see how even the most small details mattered on a show meant for a worldwide audience, because--as with the original series--if the movie lacks something, people across the world could be upset (and I am not talking just one demographic, because show reached a global scale & was seen by millions of people).
I know, and I hope the people overseeing making the FR movie will say no to the writer if he decides to try the easy sloppy way of plotting the movie story. And I hope that no one is letting the idea of easy money cloud their judgement about this sort of thing, and that whoever says no or yes to the final story has watched the 80's series backward and forward a couple times beforehand:coy:.
They can change things if they have to, but for the love of the Rock, don't act like what we grew up with never happened :\!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But (and there always is one), I doubt we would get the pristine perfect movie we're looking for, even with Henson's involvement, because times and people have changed.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I really think you guys are blowing this out of proportion. Doc was one of the main characters on the show, and I highly doubt the Henson kids (or anyone, for that matter) behind the film will have forgotten that. I don't think there's any reason to worry about Doc not being in the film in some way, shape, or form. Even if it's just a brief part when the Fraggles leave for Outer Space and then subsequently return--I'm sure he'll be there.