MC isn't what it used to be

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Now here is something that I agree with. I've been at MC for years, and I've seen it undergo many changes in tone and style because members have left, and new members have arrived, and old members have come back, and new members have left, etc, and in that time I have discovered the only way to bring back the feel and living-breathing-ness of the Golden Ages (And Broze, Silver, Paper, China, Lemonade, and Chocolate ages) is to post in that manner, to keep humour admist the sarcasm, to keep old among new, to keep Sam and Friends with Bear in the Big Blue House.

*steps off soap-box onto soap*

Bea:zany:{Whooohahahawhaaaa!}regard
...and to duck when somebody throws a penguin! :zany:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I just want to say that it is great when older fans or fans of the older shows talk about and discuses them. There is a lot of ground to cover there. But my only drawback to that is there is only so many times one can discuss the same exactly topics over and over again until you are blue in the face.:super: Sometimes you just want to move on to something well... new.:wink:

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I just want to say that it is great when older fans or fans of the older shows talk about and discuses them. There is a lot of ground to cover there. But my only drawback to that is there is only so many times one can discuss the same exactly topics over and over again until you are blue in the face.:super: Sometimes you just want to move on to something well... new.:wink:
That's actually one of the things I've been thinking. I think a lot of us classic SS fans have simply run out of things to talk about, which is kind of sad. I know there's still quite a bit more to learn, but during the Golden Age of Sesame Street (1969 - 1992), they did 3005 episodes, and I have realized that we may NEVER get to see them all. So, I think that's a very big reason.

Brooklyn

Reaction score
More importantly, can we discuss the shape of Muppet Central proper vs. the forums...

Redsonga

Reaction score
That's actually one of the things I've been thinking. I think a lot of us classic SS fans have simply run out of things to talk about, which is kind of sad. I know there's still quite a bit more to learn, but during the Golden Age of Sesame Street (1969 - 1992), they did 3005 episodes, and I have realized that we may NEVER get to see them all. So, I think that's a very big reason.
I think they underestimate how well boxsets of the big 80's- early 90's storylines would sell, our age group loves collecting :smile:. I think it has a lot to do with missing the good ol' days of Saturday morning:cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another thing you have to keep in mind too is that this forum has a board for us to talk about what all is going on in our own little worlds and whatnot, and then a board for discussions of current world events and things like that.

EVERY forum has "open discussion" like that, and you'll notice there's much more activity in those kind of boards; here it's no different, we all may be muppet fans, but it's not like the muppets are ALL our lives consist of. Not to mention the fact that we really are like instant family here, so naturally, every single thing that goes wrong, or goes right with our lives, we're going to be sharing those details with others, and others are going to continue to drag on the conversation.

wwfpooh

Reaction score

Redsonga

Reaction score
By modern standards, everything that has been oƒf the air for ten years seems to be old school :\

wwfpooh

Reaction score
By modern standards, everything that has been oƒf the air for ten years seems to be old school :\
True, but a lot of the stuff we children of the 80's & 90's grew up watching is--by modern standards--considered retro (especially the 80's stuff).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know it could be that we enjoy debating old vs. new Sesame Street more than just straight discussing one or the other, lol.