Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Would anybody be able to record the special in a format that they can share with fans this side of the pond. I would imagine that it is very unlikely for it to air in the UK. I have googled it to no avail :frown:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Floyed sounds awesome! It almost sounds like Jerry himself!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's the Disney Channel fans that seem to be uploading multiple clips of this special! That makes me smile.

Evoulie

Reaction score
You can watch all of the Studio DC: Almost Live! commercials, on Disney XD, here.

Ev

petrieboy

Reaction score
I laughed.

I have been mostly negative in all my posts in the last several years, because I didn't feel much reason to congratulate the Muppets.

I just watched the youtube interview with Kermit and Miss Piggy. Kermit needs to be calmer, and a little more thoughtful and introspective, like Jim Henson's creation used to be. There were moments, years ago, when Kermit would raise his voice or talk a lot more, but he tended to give the other Muppets the spotlight- with humility and grace- and somehow he earned the spotlight without trying too hard. The modern Kermit tries too hard and is too hyperactive and wordy, and doesn't come up with the most inspirational things to say. We don't need many more pond jokes. I wish he would just relax. And maybe read classic novels and study up on various topics, to exude more intelligence.

On the other hand, this "new" Miss Piggy ... The last time I laughed at the new Muppets was in 1996. She stood next to Kermit in this youtube clip, and let him do all the talking he wanted, and seemed to listen, and to think, not just put on a show. And then when she spoke, or made gestures, they were truly funny. I laughed at the part where she said that she didn't know who the Jonas Brothers were (neither do I) and Kermit told her that she was too old, and she said "I'm not too anything."

I laughed at how she just stood there and looked at him, and listened, and how she asked him if he'd been in the muck that morning, and distanced herself from him.

Miss Piggy has always been my favorite, and so I'm very picky with her. I think that they have a talented guy behind her. He just needs to take singing lessons.

Pan in Scarlet

Reaction score
wooow.... everyone's arguing over this... why is it such a big deal if the Muppets are appearing with the Disney Channel stars? The muppets have always hung out with the popular stars of the day, and right now that's the DC stars. Why can't we just leave it at that and enjoy it? It might just be a 'special' now, but it may turn into a huge comeback, especially appealing to younger audiences. My nieces and nephews (huge age gap in my siblings and I) like DC, and when the commericals started to play, they were asking who the other characters were and we told them about the Muppets and showed them old episodes. They really liked them and want to see more, and Studio DC hasn't even played yet!

The Muppets are popular in their own right, so are the DC stars. Even if you don't like one of the two groups, it's still really funny to see them together. It's like the match no one would have ever thought of. So chill and let's see how this all plays out.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The DC stars are not really the "stars of today" as much as they are the kid's cable stars of the moment. Even so that's exactly what the Muppets need and they're getting it. Disney is finally trying to show them some love. This may be foreign to classic Muppet fans, but this is an honorable gesture from the Disney brass. I see it like a business dinner - the guests may not all be compatible but they can do great things for one another!

Studio DC + Muppets = Good Thing From Disney

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I'd really like to see Smiley Mileys opinion on the Muppets.
Miley: *toothy grin* I love the Muppets they're so super duper grandly special I hope to work with them all the time and am so happy Disney bought them.
Disney Executive: That was great now you get to keep your job.
Miley: EIEIO?

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
I'd really like to see Smiley Mileys opinion on the Muppets.
Miley: *toothy grin* I love the Muppets they're so super duper grandly special I hope to work with them all the time and am so happy Disney bought them.
Disney Executive: That was great now you get to keep your job.
Miley: EIEIO?
Man, I won't be able to stop laughing for days!

Status
Not open for further replies.