Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wow, I just caught that Clip from the show...Hilarious...and did Pepe say he'd accept a plate of Muffins as payment for the band or did I misshear? If so...Bill better watch out, for where there are Muffins there are Emmy's and Jackie's :stick_out_tongue:

Dr Teeth sounded amazing, as did FLoyd. Fantastic.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Only 7 hours! ......If you're in the Eastern time zone

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Yes we're getting stuff but the question we're all asking is:
IS IT MUPPET QUALITY?

and that may be why so many people are bashing this project simply on the fact of the way the show looks.

ill be the judge when i see the product. (sighs)

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
WOW! just....wow! :concern: I CAN'T believe some MC members on here (not naming names...) just reply soooo harshly to the innocent posts here!...just WOW! the basting of Disney Channel stars and all...and who knows if Hannah Montana/Mileys opinion on the Muppets! do u REALLY know? did u talk to her on the phone and ask her or just walked in her house and stalk her belongings like here VHS and dvds to see if she owned a Muppet movie or toys or t shirt? And retro sayings like "bling"? OMG who cares, are you joking?...they say "groovy" from the 70's (the 70s are dead) I dont like that world but you dont see me going off on the MC boards! And some of the actors that where on The Muppet Show as guests wasnt my cup off tea but Im NOT posting saying "oh he/shes bad at acting!" and blah blah blah! like you guys bashing the DC stars! You guys say YOU WANT NEW Muppet stuff, and when disney throws something at us...YOU guys bash it! Like a couple of spoiled rotten kids who dont get something they dont like or want! Yes Jim or who ever prob wouldnt do it that way but guess what people.... as much as I miss jim as you do!....news flash! Sadly Jim is no longer with us! And the Disney Channel star bashing....just STOP! STOP! how old are you! there only kids/pre teens ya'll. I've been an MC member since the delpha form days (2001 is when I joined) and I swear, half these MC members get worse EVERYDAY with basing! :sympathy: And Steve & Eric are doing a kick A$ job in my eyes! If you dont like them muppeteering kermit & piggy...take yourself somewheres else I say! Or if you think you can do a better kermit or piggy voice or someone who can....by all means, call disney and let em know, just to hush you up!

sorry for the rant but I JUST want it all to stop! It just saddens me to see so called "hardcore" Muppet fans act this way! :frown:
lol Micky Muppet is mad because we don't care for Disney chanel disposable teens.
Who cares if people don't like them, the people who go on and on about how we don't are just as bad as those of us who keep going on about how much we dislike them.
You do realize that if you'd just ignored those comments you wouldn't be adding more logs to the fire.
Bling Bling is not retro, bling bling is a term that is only used by wanna be white people who think it's a term still being used by rappers when it hasn't been in the current slang for over 3 or so years now.
Animal or not if anyone like say Batman said that it would make me roll my eyes.
The joke isn't even funny it would have made more sense her saying it to Dr. Teeth as he has a gold tooth and rings.
Have you ever thought that maybe we like more mature stars with the Muppets?
Have you ever thought perhaps older fans are afraid this is going to make the Muppets be marketed towards kids again and then the muppets will be waterd down?
Because we're posting our opinions Mickey doesn't mean we're bashing them if I was bashing Miley I'd go off about her huge teeth or how Tidesdale looks like a young paris hitlon or how the jonas brothers need to get some acne cream, etc.
I mean seriously you act as if people went to their houses kicked them in the groin and then spit in their faces.
When they simply said they think the Muppets should be performing with a higher caliber of actors and singers.
We do say we want new Muppet programs yes indeed we do, GOOD Muppet Programs and we do thank Disney every time they do right, just as we tell them what we don't like.
People should not sit by like sheep and worship Disney for everything they do, what kind of fans would we be if we said we liked everything they did, you'd do yourself some good and wouldn't have long spazy flip outs like this one if you just said every now and then what you like and didn't there is nothing wrong with good and bad it's healthy to let your fealings out.
Me personally I love the Muppets but I don't want to see them pimped out to every new trendy teen that comes along Disney simply because people think it's a good idea.
If this thing flops I can bet you many members will go back to blaming Disney for the Muppets going back into the vault again.
But me nah I could care less, the only things I have high hopes for is Jason's movie and the youtube videos.
This special is over a year old so I'm not getting my hopes up that it's going to be great like the recent skits we've gotten on the web, I remember what the Muppets where like a year ago they where trying to find their grove still.
Hardcore Muppet fans you said it yourself, not hardcore Disney teen fans, I mean yes I know it could be worse it could be the Muppets and Paris Hilton or Muppets & I love New York. *shivers*
I know this special isn't made for adult fans like me and many others on here but we're just having a bit of fun the best way we know how, people take things way to seriously especially when the jokes aren't about them. so yes I am joking so many of you people on this site take things way to seriously for Muppet fans, I'd think Muppet fans would have more of a sense of humor.
It's nice to see a few do though, and you know who you are.
And we wonder why everything is so boring and politically correct now, because everyone's so sensative about everything.
I mean are you Angry at Statler & Waldorf because they still to this day pick on Fozzie?
It's the same exact thing, it's called heckling, getting old and having some fun and laughing at things we don't get or like.
IS IT MUPPET QUALITY?

and that may be why so many people are bashing this project simply on the fact of the way the show looks.

Barry it's nice to see some people get it and aren't afraid to say what they really think good or bad.

I'll be watching also and yes I'm excited to see the Muppets I've told everyone I know about the special and that's allot of people.
But they agree what in the world are the Muppets doing with these kids, I'm sure some will watch just to see like when people can't help but look at a car wreck as they pass by it.

Me I'll be posting what I really think after, heck some of you may get your wish and I may LOVE it, and you know what so what if I don't, it will still be my opinion.
Many of you hate Muppets Wizard of Oz and while I don't like all of it there are quite a few point I enjoy of that movie as well as Kermit Swamp Years.

I always give the good with the bad and if you can't handle my saying what I think could have been better and only focusing on that and ignoring the points of the programs I thought where good then perhaps you should just ignore my posts and save us all allot of time and agrivation.
Because I'm going to continue posting what I think, no matter what anyone else thinks and I'm not going to get all whiney and bent out of shape over the opinion of some one I don't know.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
IS IT MUPPET QUALITY?

Exactlly. Don't judge a booke by it's cover.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Ohhhh yep thats it JHH, darn! you got me all figured out dont you? :rolleyes:
Quoting one line out of the lengthy response I gave to you doesn't say much about you, so I guess I do.
You're the type that likes everything to be good and any time someone comes with a complaint or criticism you can't stand it because it's something you like.
Well guess what Mickey I'd love everything to be great also but the fact is it's not all sunshine and roses, and I'm not going to pretend for one second it is.
When Disney does good I'm going to say so and I do, when they do bad I'm going to do just the same.
Why should I hide my opinions of their productions simply because you don't agree, I wouldn't be true to myself if I did.:smile:
Exactlly. Don't judge a booke by it's cover.
Oh trust me being a Ninja Turtles comic fan I've learned that one the hard way hahahaha and Dr. Tooth knows what I'm talking about.:stick_out_tongue:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I won't be watching it cause I live in the UK and all we get are cr***y summers, questionable politicians and over-priced petrol. All you folks over the pond ought to thank your lucky stars you're getting anything - it appears, with Muppets.com and now this, Disney doesn't want to share the Muppets with us limeys. I'm just gonna have to make do and perform what I assume will happen in the special using some old socks as Muppet substitutes :frown:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I won't be watching it cause I live in the UK and all we get are cr***y summers, questionable politicians and over-priced petrol. All you folks over the pond ought to thank your lucky stars you're getting anything - it appears, with Muppets.com and now this, Disney doesn't want to share the Muppets with us limeys. I'm just gonna have to make do and perform what I assume will happen in the special using some old socks as Muppet substitutes :frown:
You fine folks over in the Uk have got a large number more of Muppet specials and appearances than we have in recent years so I woudln't be to down in the dumps over this.:big_grin:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
JHH, you still didnt answer me tho! about Hannah Montana/Mileys opinion on the Muppets! do u REALLY know? Im not a HM fan.... but really tell me I wanna know?

Status
Not open for further replies.