The MuppetCast - Show #65 - But Mostly America

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Hey all,

Sorry for the late (and rushed) post, but the show is up! Whaddya think?

Things to keep in mind:
- Contest page will be up this week
- Care Package: if you're sending something tell me today (email me as soon as you read this) and we can still arrange it to be included!

Again I'm really sorry to be so rushed; it's turning into a crazy week, but I'll still read and respond to everything here.

Have a good one!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah... Finally. Was thinking I'd have to send you an email.

Can't recall everything I wanted to point out, but here are some.
1 You say there's a typo/error per show. Well, you're gonna hate yourself for this one, but.... At the top, you said that Episode 65 was being presented on "June 6" 2008. That takes you a full month back in time buddy.
2 The Corgy/Master Replica Fozzie has been pushed back to Spring 2009. Everything else after that is currently up in the air, there are a few threads about it here in Muppet Merchandise.
3 The Sesame Street special is titled A Walking Tour of Sesame Street, hosted by James Earl Jones. Ask KermiClown, he might have it.
4 Absolutely loved the feature showcasing Muppet/state connections. Maybe that could generate some thoughts for the topic I asked about, which Muppet character(s) would you choose to represent each state if there were a Muppet States pin/badge/nameplate collection?

Also... How's the fund for the upcoming road events? You can answer that one via PM.
Take care buddy... LMK if you need help for anything. Looking forward to next week's show and the return of anxiously awaited segments.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Great show Steve. Hearing my name and seeing my picture on flickr was one of the highlights of my week. thanks.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Darn it all! June 6, sheesh. I should make a game out of this, I do at least one of those in every show, lol.

And glad to be of service, Colbynfriends. That image must have taken a long time to put together!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Yeah, that was about a week in the making, but i did that a long long time ago. That was a strait up Microsoft Paint job. the hardest thing was taking the picture (all or most which came from muppet wiki :smile:), and removing the backround. but I loved doing it.:big_grin:

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
BTW - My wife Ashley recently joined MC (finally, took her long enough!) so everybody feel free to PM her and say hi. Her MC name is JubileePink.

And no, she's not going to WDW to audition in July :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Collective aaaaaaaw of bad news is heard from our section. *Starts petition to get Ashley down to WDW for auditions. You think she'd fit in a suitcase? Or a luxury crate? Maybe if we ship her via Fed Ex... Already PM'ed "hi's" to her, she needs just a few more posts to get past the mod approval stage of her membership... But we send her warm wishes from everyone down here at the castle. :batty: :flirt:

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Well, she is very very small - 5 feet tall and nothing but skin and bones, so if you have a big enough suitcase....hehe.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Oh, make fun of short people, why don't ya? You think we all fit inside suitcases? Well, I've got news for ya, buddy: We may be small, but our hearts are large! ... metaphorically speaking!

Okay, getting back on topic: I am listening to the podcast right now. Very great so far. (... "Very great so far"? Did that even sound right?) Thanks for giving the time of the new Disney special. Unfortunately, my dad and I will be driving to my camp that day... But fortunately, we're stopping at a hotel on the way, and I hope that I can see the special from the hotel room.