Best, Most Surprising, and Most Disappointing of Season 3

peyjenk

Reaction score
So now that everyone's had some time to familiarize themselves with TMS season 3, let's have the Best, Most Surprising, and Most Disappointing discussion!

You know how it works... simply tell us which guest stars you think falls into each category and why. Feel free to throw in any other categories you want, too!

BEST: Pearl Bailey
I love the way that she plays off of each character as if she truly believes in each one of them as thinking, breathing people. Honorable mention goes to Gilda Radner and Roger Miller for the same reasons, but not much can beat "In the Good Old Summertime" with Floyd. :smile:

MOST SURPRISING: Lesley Ann Warren, Marisa Berenson
Both of these ladies show an amazing depth and range while working on the show, both of them dancing, singing, and acting with aplomb. I had never seen either of these episodes before, but they are now among my favorites.

MOST DISAPPOINTING: Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge
So everything I said about Pearl Bailey is the exact opposite with these two. Neither one seems comfortable at all, and the fact that the same half-hour block is split by two performers means that both are short-changed in the showing-off-their-talent department.

So those are my picks.... as a side note, I would like to say that Leo Sayer might very well be the creepiest, weirdest guest star of the season. That strange little dude freaked me out! I'm not sure if I can watch him again... :scary:

David French

Reaction score
With respect, there's already such a thread in existence over in the Muppet Merchandise forum. I refer to the thread where we can discuss our thoughts on the DVD release of TMS Season Three.

peyjenk

Reaction score
Oopsie-daisy... sorry and thanks for the head's up. :smile:

muppet baby

Reaction score
So now that everyone's had some time to familiarize themselves with TMS season 3, let's have the Best, Most Surprising, and Most Disappointing discussion!

You know how it works... simply tell us which guest stars you think falls into each category and why. Feel free to throw in any other categories you want, too!

BEST: Pearl Bailey
I love the way that she plays off of each character as if she truly believes in each one of them as thinking, breathing people. Honorable mention goes to Gilda Radner and Roger Miller for the same reasons, but not much can beat "In the Good Old Summertime" with Floyd. :smile:

MOST SURPRISING: Lesley Ann Warren, Marisa Berenson
Both of these ladies show an amazing depth and range while working on the show, both of them dancing, singing, and acting with aplomb. I had never seen either of these episodes before, but they are now among my favorites.

MOST DISAPPOINTING: Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge
So everything I said about Pearl Bailey is the exact opposite with these two. Neither one seems comfortable at all, and the fact that the same half-hour block is split by two performers means that both are short-changed in the showing-off-their-talent department.

So those are my picks.... as a side note, I would like to say that Leo Sayer might very well be the creepiest, weirdest guest star of the season. That strange little dude freaked me out! I'm not sure if I can watch him again... :scary:
wow i am so glad to have lesly anne warren in this seaon i thought that she was in seaosn 5 haha she is one of my favetite actresses .

i am going to get this tomrow at the store , i know that this is werid thing for me to say that i have not bought this yet because i have said so many times her that the TMS is one of 2 faverite hensom shows for me .

Wow i can not wait .:excited: