Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Finally. We have heard of this before, but now it's solid. I hope the characters are well drawn. I liked the other stylistic choice of the artist that was supposed to feature his work in Disney Adventures Magazine, but as a book series I would like something less interpretive closer to the already beautiful style of the Muppet characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Qestion... how many times did we hear about Muppet Comics before this actually came up? Weren't there like 2 or 3 other announcements of a Muppet comic that never happened, at least one of which was before the Disney buyout?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't know of any other comic book plans between the Guy and Brad Gilchrist run of Muppet comics in the 80s and the recent Roger Langridge one that was to be published in Disney Adventures Magazine. I believe this new Muppet Show comic is the same one reported by Muppet Newsflash in January and was to launch this spring. http://www.muppetnewsflash.com/search?q=muppet+show+comics

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Seems cool to me, one more comic for me to get now I only get Ninja Turtles, Walking Dead, and Wormwood at the moment.

Luke

Reaction score
Great news, at first i thought they were talking a weekly comic and i thought they must be mad, but this will work nice as a little series collectors thing. Interesting its about the Muppet Show, as opposed to just Muppets. Given the TV special it really looks like they are gonna do a new Muppet Show on Television. Also interesting that Disney are urging them to do classic stories re-told, obviously thats what they are most proud of with Muppets and not letting go off, lol, so maybe we might see a bit of that in future movies or TV skits.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
..."and then we're also talking--with Disney's heavy encouragement--to do things like Muppet Robin Hood, or the Three Muppeteers or whatever. They're talking to us about following sort of the paradigm they set up in the movies about classic stories retold with the Muppets."
Puke. :boo::grouchy::scary: Otherwise, good news.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I will be adding this to the comic I get each month :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.