Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Muppet Newsflash's More Muppet Comics Come in May article unveils one cover for Langridge's Gonzo issue. This interpretation actually tickles me (in a good way) so I thought compelled to share that. The image is very tiny, but I can make out Uncle Deadly and what appears to be Clifford in the audience. I also see Fleet Scribbler, what seems to be Bert and more.

Roger Langridge's style is very much present, but now the character likeness have been adequately merged. I'm liking this. :flirt:
Bert AND Ernie... Ernie's head is blocked by Gonzo... but you can see his ear and some of his hair, as well as his sweater. I also see a Mildred Huxtetter, A wrong colored Manah Manah, a Snowth, and what looks like a Twiddlebug....

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
Don't know about the BOOM website, but the books are carried in comic stores nationwide. It's one of the more reliable smaller publishers. It would be worth it to call the shop in your area and ask if they'll be carrying them. Most shops will even reserve copies for you if you ask.
Hmm thank you.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I like the covers. I think he's going to get a good feel for everything as it all goes on and make us all happy fans.

We fans can be a picky bunch. I'm appreciating what I see now.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea when Disney Bought the Muppets i thought ok we will more then likely get a few DVD's out of this a show or two and hopefully a movie. I never thought we would see a Muppet Comic book that looks so well made, or a wonderful Muppet web site, that I have a feeling will one day have something from the comics on it as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And unlike the last time Muppet Comics came up as a subject (as part of the 25th anniversary of the Muppet Show product launch) these will happen.

Have you ever walked into a comic book store and saw cheap little comics by like 9th party publishers that make lame little comics based off old TV shows? Ones that look like they don't have an ounce of care in them... some that actually do, but don't even work as comics? Well, I can safely say this isn't one of those times. I sure hope the comics can continue... and even expand into other territories.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
BOOM! has a their huge Muppet poster (the character puppet poster we always see) up at Wondercon. It dominates their booth, however most attendees see it as a lure because there's no Muppet product at their booth. I was hoping for some advanced promotional item at least. Oh well, My Vinylmation KerMickey will have to do. :smile:

I am excited about these comics. I dropped by the Loter booth at Wondercon Friday (he's the artist responsible for a majority of good Disney and Muppets licensing art) and apparently he would like Disney to get the Muppets back into illustrated books as well. These comics will likely be great in their own right, but if successful it could lead to bigger things. Disney has no shortage of talented professionals who want to lend a hand to the Muppets. :big_grin:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea some more books for kids may be preety good. I really think that if this kicks off and is really good then i can only see great things to come!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yea some more books for kids may be preety good. I really think that if this kicks off and is really good then i can only see great things to come!
Books for kids are okay, but how about some Muppet books for adults that actually contain substancial images of Muppets inside them? :confused:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea that would be great as well! I think the only thing that has really been not that well done is the last two books, and the DVD's but If they re did at least the movies then I would be happy.

beaker

Reaction score
Bert AND Ernie... Ernie's head is blocked by Gonzo... but you can see his ear and some of his hair, as well as his sweater. I also see a Mildred Huxtetter, A wrong colored Manah Manah, a Snowth, and what looks like a Twiddlebug....
Whoah! That is Bert and Ernie. Well, Bert was in the background of the Muppet Show Sex and Violence pilot, as well as both Bert and Ernie had speaking roles in the Valentines Special.

Btw, I think that's a Koozebane alien not a Sesame bug.

Oh! Btw man, I found this picture of the new Kinnu-Muscle guys I thought you'd dig:
http://www.clockworkmachina.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/sf48-9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.