Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclematt

Reaction score
Gonzo dancing with Camilla might be from a ball room scene! I can not wait.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, this thread is in the Muppet Headlines folde,r but shouldn't it be in Muppet Merchandise?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I am going to be getting the comic as it comes out from here :smile:. If anyone else doesn't have a comic shop near them, they have very good prices on shipping :3 (this isn't an ad, I'm just trying to be helpful :3)
Thanks muchly :smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
I went to my local comic shop today and reserved my copy. I can not wait to see these come out and read them. Its like an early birthday gift for me. 4 days before my actual birthday.

BlakeMP

Reaction score
I think it would be really interesting for a mini Fraggle Rock comic to come out when the movie does. I never collected the old one, so...

I'm still not really feeling this Muppet Show/Robin Hood thing, maybe it'll grow on me. Anyone know if you can order it somewhere online? It's not listed on Amazon and I don't really go to comic shops.
There are lots of decent comic shops online. www.mycomicshop.com is my personal favorite.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's interesting. These comic issues all spotlight characters, but the one promoted as a Fozzie comic stars both Fozzie and Gonzo.

I hope that more get made past the initial four, and that maybe sme duo-based stories get done. Like a Kermit and Fozzie issue, or a Bunsen and Beaker issue. Maybe they'll be some themed issues.

It would also be great if eventually they'll be comic book series based on MuppeTelevision (I wonder how easy it'd be to illustrate images on monitors in comic book panels) or Muppets Tonight.

tiggergirl19

Reaction score
I saw a few other muppet comic books, and I think that the muppets shouldn't be in the comic books because I think the drawings don't do the muppets very much to them, because the muppets are much better when they aren't drawn.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw a few other muppet comic books, and I think that the muppets shouldn't be in the comic books because I think the drawings don't do the muppets very much to them, because the muppets are much better when they aren't drawn.
I can't say that I can't disagree any further. Consider this... Trying to come up with a new muppet TV project would take incredibly long, trying to develop a plot line and a premise, not to mention that there isn't a significant place to put it on TV. Look at Ghostbusters... we're probably never going to get a movie, but we've got comic books and a video game coming out. Much, much, much easier than tossing around ideas for a film, writing it, re-writing it and like so over and over.... and then have it not actually get made, and have the process start over in a few years.

These days, significant come backs happen in video games or Comics. Plus, when you draw something like the muppet show, visually, you only have to hire one to three people, and you can do whatever you want in a drawing. Puppets cost money to build... so doesn't scenery.... wouldn't you agree something this low budget with a lot of appeal would help relaunch the property?

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
I called my local comic book store (Meltdown Comics) and placed a hold on the new comic. They said it is tentatively scheduled for release next week. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.