Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just did. Very curious. :smile:
Did you ask whether #5 was for real or jus t atypo, or did you ask which character would be featured, or did you do both?

It would be interesting if each issue were to always focus on a different character, to the point where they'd eventually do issues starring characters like Fleet Scribbler and Mahna Mahna.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I was looking at the blog comments, and Roger Langridge left a comment. It actually is a fifth issue, the start of a new four-issue story arc. Langridge said that Boom! refers to the first of all storyarcs as "#1", but Langridge wouldn't do it that way. The storyline is called "The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson".

I wonder if the new storyarc will be a "Muppet Show" comic or if it will be more of a generic "Muppets" comic. I don't think the title sound slike something that'd lend itself well to The Muppet Show, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. And maybe one of us can ask on the blog.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wow. I like what I saw so far. I especially like that two-page spread of characters that comes after the newsflash. So many obscure characters... the Koozebanes, Nigel, George, Mildred, JP Gross, what looks like a purple version of the happy Hugga Wugga creature (so I guess that is him, and not Mama Twiddlebug, on the cover of issue 3). But who is that green creature next to Sweetums? I thouhgt about it for a minute, then thought it might be Gloat, but then I saw a more accurate-looking Gloat a few pages later. My only complaint about that spread is that Lips isn't there with the band.

Still, I like the Newsflash strip, and that thing with the frogs is funny, though those frogs look too much like real frogs, and not like Muppet frogs.

And I've noticed thata in what's been revealed so fara that Kermit never actually says he misses the swamp. I have a feeling that the other smight just be assuming.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm a happy Muppet fan. This looks good. It's in a different stylized look, but the essential 'feel' of what is Muppety is there. Bring on the comics!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I read the first 11 pages, and I think this is going to work! I had my doughts at first, but I really liked what I saw. The best thing is that this is going to help bring some of the Muppets that we have not seen in quite some time have some big parts. Scooter is on almost every page, and so was Rowlf, and Robin. So I think fans of the classic Muppet show will be very pleased.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I'm blown away by this. The first ten pages are incredible... This IS The Muppet Show. The acts, the characters, everything! KOOZEBANE, for corn's sake! I absolutely LOVE this. I can not WAIT for Wednesday, just asked today if my local comic shop would have them in, and they will so I'm getting even more anxious! This is such a great time to be a Muppet fan!

Status
Not open for further replies.