Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection coming this fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It looks like a very attractive brick. I'm sure they'll work a little magic with embossing and internal design. I actually like the card boxes they previously released. They might not be ideal, but they were creative. Here's hoping there's more that meets the eye with this one too.

The outer design is pretty. Personally I would have liked a shot of many, many Fraggles around and hanging off the logo or one kind of like the old HBO advertisement, but this is neat, simple, attractive and it will do nicely.

The brick is a rather odd shape that won't fit well with other DVDs on the shelf, but I see this one designed to be displayed with the cute little Sababa dolls hanging off of it.

Packaging (from what I’ve seen) B-

Edit: Part of me wonders if this set doesn't merely house the cardboxes inside? It's kind of shaped to do so.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well despite everything, I have to say I think it's gorgeous!

Gonzo's Chicken

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, the box or brick is very nice and I really like the box's the season sets were released in. I was kind of expecting something maybe "gimmicky" like how the Seinfeld complete series came in a a box that looked like a refrigerator, or "fancy" like the first release of the complete series of Friends came in a wooden display box. I was just underwhelmed that this was just a box.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Idk, I like the color scheme, and that they used the original Gobo, which I like, hehe. But yeah a gimic would have been interesting too!

Redsonga

Reaction score
The colors look almost..Halloween-y. Which is okay, I like All Hallow's Eve :smile:
And finally a boxset that has a nice picture of Mokey (Lilies are my favorite flower to)... It makes it look like she is the leader in a way (which being as she is the oldest, isn't that bad to think, at least she keeps the peace in a way)... But..she should so be holding hands with Boober :stick_out_tongue:! *fangirl huff*
It's funny how they always have Boober doing those sort of poses on everything when his open mouthed nagging, or sitting somewhere moping poses, are so much more in character :stick_out_tongue: (He always looks like "Yo, I'm Boober, Boober from the west side of the rock!" *sigh* Boober, Boober dear,we love you, but it really doesn't suit you-.-)

Part of me wonders if this set doesn't merely house the cardboxes inside? It's kind of shaped to do so.
My two cents is that it is..which makes the lack of a single season 4 from the start even odder *sigh* :frown:

If you are going to pre-order it though my advice to to do it through that site, you'll only have to pay $99 that way for what it is worth :smile:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I like it!

It has a newer more modern feel to it, especially the colours of the logo, maybe there trying to update it ready for the Movie etc!

I hope its made from Thick strong card,

As mentioned earlier, Im sure when its embossed etc, it will be very attractive.

Chris

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Redsonga said:
It's funny how they always have Boober doing those sort of poses on everything when his open opened nagging, or sitting somewhere moping poses, are so much more in character :stick_out_tongue: (He always looks like "Yo, I'm Boober, Boober from the west side of the rock!"
LOLOL, that is so true! Thanks, you really made me laugh today, hehe.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Well, the package is nice, I suppose.

In all honesty, I'm waiting until the set actually comes out to see someone review this set. If it retains all the bonus features from season 1-3 (plus the notebooks and Frith sketches), then I might just sell all my Fraggle DVD's. But I'm still pulling for a season 4 set (don't forget to join the Facebook group! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21135669437&ref=ts).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just joined the facebook group too! :coy:

Many times DVD packaging can be garrish so at least this is a handsome Fraggle set. (I still think it houses the individual boxes stacked two-per-side.)

As long as it is going to be an irregular shape I agree they should have gone for a more themed look. In the end this is a big attractive logo with nice glossy pictures of the stars so there really are no complaints here. The packaging is pretty good, just not excellent. Few series sets are. :busy:

Status
Not open for further replies.