Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 26 18.7%

• Total voters

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
I loved it! Ashley vs. Piggy was great! I loved how they ignored Kermit at the end and went to lunch. The Zack and Cody skit was funny.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I don't care what U say, I liked it!

Liked this special. I mean, I expected more, but it was decent. I think the next one will be waaaay better.!lol. My favorite scenes were the Suite Life sketch(and the end where:hungry: chases everyone out of the room!). I also like the "Bop to The Top" sketch, and Kermit referencing the HSM songs in the end(ex. We're All In This Together, Stick to the Status Quo, etc.) I also liked when he called Ashley Tisdale all the characters she played for Disney: You know, Maddie from the Suite Life, and Sharpay from HSM. I only wished Fozzie appeared. It was nice that he was mentioned. Maybe he'lll appear in the next special. And, I don't think I noticed it before, but I LOVE that Animal puppet. I like all the "extra fur" lol. And I felt the :sleep: and:boo: scene wasn't really needed. I felt they could've had a bigger part. This "special" should've been a full hour, but hey, I didn't write it.

Anyways, I'd give this special 2.7 out of 4 stars, simply because I'm a fan of most of the Disney Channel shows and I just LOVE the Muppets!

I can't wait until the next Studio DC airs!

Bravo All Who Worked On This!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Umm...Wow i was hoping it would have been more then that. I think it was a good idea, but just not done to it's fullest. Maybe there was more of the special that was cut? Maybe that is stuff that will end up in the talk of the next DC show. I would have rather had the muppets introduce the stars, but it seems like the show was just chopped up and put together. Probably different taping and such. It would have been nice to have a big final number but the show wasn't like that. Just bits and pieces and not done as a whole show. so much time is wasted showing the flashy DC logo, The show wasn't 30 minutes, it was like 15-20 if you ad the breaks, and the logo times. I liked how at the end the twins told us to stick around for more and then it brought us to Statler and Waldorf with the credits. :smirk::sleep::boo: Wasn't that like the same beginning that was used for the end?

I did love the Electric Mayhem and Kermit and Piggy's Bop to the Top. So there were some cute moments, just not the big special i was hoping it would have been. I noticed Piggy wearing the same outfit from IAVMMCM btw.

I was afraid of Fozzie, Rowlf, as well as Bunsen and Beaker not really being in the special at all. They showed us most of the show in the ads, so there were no real surprises and with the show only having a half hour time slot with like three 5 minuet commercial breaks what more could have been in the show? It would be nice if the next one is an hour.

It was nothing spectacular. but it was nice to see the Muppets again, and with the shows on TV now hopefully the kids like it, but i really hope to see a quality special next time.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
My review:

Weird opening. But, appropriate for Pepe and Rizzo.

I actually laughed a few times.

I concede I despise the Disney tweens with every fiber of my being (I only saw this because the EM was coming back out of obscurity). However, I have to say the Muppets fit rather well with the general atmosphere. I saw the Suite Life just before it and any griping about how the special was written should try to understand what Disney passes as entertainment right now in general.

My favorite was the Suite Life sketch, actually, since it seemed to have a point and didn't seem as random as some of the rest. I liked the writing session(s) as well as the actual sketch ... it gave the closest resemblance to a plot as we were going to get.

Loved ... no, liked ... Statler and Waldorf. Was kinda hoping the flirting would have gone farther. At least they got some sleep :smile:

Things that didn't so much irk me as give me pause:

While I love that Dr. Teeth is talking again ... he needs more passion. I realize the gruff voices are hard on the larynx, but the Muppet movie had a much better rendition of their introduction. It also seemed strange that his eyes seemed permanently surprised. He's supposed to have that translucent eyelid/sunglasses thing when he's mellow so that when they're lifted it provides more of a visual punch.

It's not fair to have a bunch of Muppets during the initial introduction ... and then never show some of them. I felt cheated.

Swedish Chef should only be mildly understandable ... that's the whole gag with him ... unless you wanted to make some English-only point.

Why are we repeating the intro?

Why are they afraid to show who sounded like Howard/Bobby? C'mon Disney ... Timon can dance in a dress and you can have lots of gender jokes in Mulan but a flirtatious gay pig is out of bounds?

Was it just me or did the sketches just seem ... stitched together? I realize the Muppet Show didn't always have a consistent theme with their numbers/sketches, but DANG ... at least they would at least show Kermit announcing a sketch backstage or SOMETHING.

At least we got the Muppet Show theme back ... sort of. It was actually an interesing remix.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
By the end I heard a sound. I think it was Jim rolling in his grave. :stick_out_tongue:
I hate to say it but that's sort of how I felt when wathcing allot of this, oh well it's something we're going to have to live with since Jim is gone.
Well, I ended up watching about 10 minutes late, so it seems I missed most of it. I thought that it wasn't all bad, I was mostly disappointed by how short it was. A half hour show on Disney that was filled with ten minutes of commercials for other Disney Channel shows...sigh, I remember the old days of NO commercial breaks on Disney Channel shows. Nice to see them get the air time though, but I really just thought it was only ok.
Yeah all of the comercials botherd me also, it's like ok this is only a half hour special or so we thought, there wasn't even much time for anything to go on.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Okay--I am a parent who watches a LOT of Disney Channel. I like the shows--no nudity or real violence and the kids don't exhibit too much of their skin and underwear. I would say that I am parentally fond of the young stars and yes--I do buy some of their products for my kids. (My youngest had a HSM birthday party with 9 others staying over. We played with the dance mat and had the decorations. Santa brought Disney star action figures to my house.) So I know the characters from the shows and I like them.

I thought the special was great. If you know both sets of characters, you would applaud the way that someone paired up the personalities. Putting Pepe, Rizzo and Gonzo in with the terrible twosome was super. Kermit was--and I doubted it was possible--even MORE buttoned down that Mr. Moseby. His tailor needs to be commended for sure! And if you knew what the real moves were to "Bop Till You Drop" you would think Kermit did a fantastic job of mimicking them. Again, his wardrobe was wonderful.

Wow! I cannot say enough good things about Piggy. She was every bit the diva I've come to expect--but a smart, imperious, VERY FASHIONABLE diva without ever losing her curring edge. And the way she took the Jonas Brothers in hand was really inspired. Nice to see she can hold her own with younger men!

Nothing in the whole special topped seeing the Electric Mayhem again--they need a reunion tour.

My only genuine complaint? Not long enough. We needed at least an hour of muppety goodness after this dry spell. But I'm feeling good about Disney's attitude--wish they'd put this out a year ago.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
"STUDIO DC: ALMOST LIVE" TV Airings

Monday, August 4th at 1:05PM CST
Tuesday, August 5th at 4:00PM CST
Thursday, August 7th at 1:30PM CST
Saturday, August 9th at 2:00PM CST
Sunday, August 10th at 5:30PM CST

It will show at least once every day this week except for Wednesday and Friday.

Source: http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.aspx?id=8086205

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Why are they afraid to show who sounded like Howard/Bobby? C'mon Disney ... Timon can dance in a dress and you can have lots of gender jokes in Mulan but a flirtatious gay pig is out of bounds?

yeah know... I was also thinking it was Howard the Pig with that voice and I thought he would have popped up...but then again, it prob wasnt howard? :confused::smirk:

rexcrk

Reaction score
Ok well, I love Disney Channel and love love love the Muppets.

Of course I thought this special was amazing!

I loved Miley Cyrus singing G.N.O. (one of my favorite Miley songs actually) with the Electric Mayhem and THE SNOWTHS! THE FRIGGING SNOWTHS! How cool was that?

Gonzo was awesome as always. I love Suite Life so this was sooo perfect. I would love it if Kermit was always on the actual Suite Life show from now on xD

Kermit and Ashley Tisdale singing Bop to the Top (one of my favorite High School Musical songs) was so great. And at the end when Kermit started using all the song titles... awesome.

The only problem? It was too short, it ended in the blink of an eye practically haha.

Please give us more Disney, and thank you! :smile:

fraggled

Reaction score
While I was thrilled to see new Muppet material, the show itself was awful. I forced myself to watch thru the first 20 minutes and then finally turned it off, not even seeing the rest. The Muppets were great, the show was so unfunny, it wasn't funny. I was very disappointed.