Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 26 18.7%

• Total voters

ChellisPal

Reaction score
The directors voice was indeed comedian Jeffrey Ross, and If you looked at the credits, outside of the Henson Performers you will see that a good amount of the Henson Creative Team had alot to do with this special to like" Martin Baker, Ritamarie Perrugi, Jim Lewis, Kirk Thatcher, Jane Gootnick. So yes it was a Disney special aimed at thier audience, the Henson folks did have good creative imput. This is just a jumping off point, get some more people to watch the Muppets.
Hate to be honest but as big of fans as we are, alone we cannot make a new series or movie a hit. Guess who buys a good chunk of movie tickets....kids and tweens, so if it means to get that population interested by mixing the Muppets with Hanna Montana or the Jonas Brothers and it works, that means those could be more movie tickets sold insuring a better box office return....its all business

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ruahnna said:
I don't think it's fair to snipe at Disney for being, well, Disney. They are where they are because they do it better than anyone--like it or not. I think the young stars here are to be specifcally commended for interactig so well with our team--good eye contact, sharing the mike, not afraid to get physical with them. Good job.
Agreed! The Disney kids did a great job with the Muppets. They all interacted very well with them. And of COURSE Disney will reference itself. This is the channel that devoted an entire episode of a show to, basically, re-doing their biggest movie of all-time. (I'm talking about the episode of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody episode where they put on a performance of High School Musical. Seriously.) So I was not at all surprised by the self-referencing--quite honestly I expected it. It didn't hinder from the special at all, I don't think.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Since I commented about the muppets forgetting things, I feel it is only fair to say that I was just BLOWN AWAY by the promotional stuff for this special. I ADORED the video that I just saw yesterday with Kermit and Piggy talking about the special.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH4jWreL3vw

Do you know how long it has been since Kermit did a whole interview and did not make one derogatory comment about Piggy? And he was shy and cute about their relationship, which he DID NOT deny at all.

Somebody kiss that frog! (No, no--YOU go ahead Piggy. Wasn't even thinking about it....)

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
That was an amazing Kermit and Piggy interview! Eric really is shining with Miss Piggy (as well as Fozzie) and keeps getting better! I loved the "dew" like! sounded very much like Frank Oz!

as always, "as we always say" I can't wait to see a full show or movie with all the muppets back in full force!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If anyone listens to the new Muppetcast, at the end you hear Janice from the 1991 live Disney show saying, "We need more exposure!"

Maybe the band's finally gotten their wish! :flirt:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ugh! I'm on the west coast so there's 30 more minutes of waiting...:sympathy:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Okay--I am a parent who watches a LOT of Disney Channel. I like the shows--no nudity or real violence and the kids don't exhibit too much of their skin and underwear. I would say that I am parentally fond of the young stars and yes--I do buy some of their products for my kids. (My youngest had a HSM birthday party with 9 others staying over. We played with the dance mat and had the decorations. Santa brought Disney star action figures to my house.) So I know the characters from the shows and I like them.

I thought the special was great. If you know both sets of characters, you would applaud the way that someone paired up the personalities. Putting Pepe, Rizzo and Gonzo in with the terrible twosome was super. Kermit was--and I doubted it was possible--even MORE buttoned down that Mr. Moseby. His tailor needs to be commended for sure! And if you knew what the real moves were to "Bop Till You Drop" you would think Kermit did a fantastic job of mimicking them. Again, his wardrobe was wonderful.

Wow! I cannot say enough good things about Piggy. She was every bit the diva I've come to expect--but a smart, imperious, VERY FASHIONABLE diva without ever losing her curring edge. And the way she took the Jonas Brothers in hand was really inspired. Nice to see she can hold her own with younger men!

Nothing in the whole special topped seeing the Electric Mayhem again--they need a reunion tour.

My only genuine complaint? Not long enough. We needed at least an hour of muppety goodness after this dry spell. But I'm feeling good about Disney's attitude--wish they'd put this out a year ago.
You know I must agree on EVERYTHING you said.:wink: And the pairings were some of the best, espically Kermit and Moseby.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
One quick additional comment from the, um, over-30-crowd corner:

I personally had no objections whatsoever about Billy Ray shaking his, um, achey-breakey heart for a few minutes....

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Eh, the special itself was okay. I didn't like the singers. (Maybe I'm to old to care for those kids)

Although it was nice to see The Electric Mayhem, I didn't like Bill Barretta's voice as Dr. Teeth. Sounds just like Bobo, which is the same voice he does for Rowlf. But Doctor Teeth did talk. So did Floyd, Janice, Animal, and Zoot. Funny thing was after the last thing Dr. Teeth said, Zoot was trying to figure out what Dr. Teeth said. But it was nice seeing them again, and they all had something to say.

I thought it was nice that Pepe and Rizzo mentioned the Mayhem band having been with Elton John. Although they also mentioned the Mayhem being with Garth Brooks and Prince, even though the band didn't appear with those two singers on Muppets Tonight. Oh well?

Biggest complaint: Where was Fozzie, Rowlf, and Scooter? Fozzie got mentioned but none of them were there.

2 out of 4 stars. Nothing special about this special.

I also got to ask: Couldn't Lips be back with the band? I wouldn't mind seeing the trumpet player back.

Also, anybody have any information on who did Janice? I think John Kennedy did Floyd?

Boppity

Reaction score
The first thing I could think of when it was over was "...that's IT?" I was expecting a bit more...Muppets. And length. Maybe it's the fact that I can't stand Ashley Tisdale or anything remotely related to High School Musical, I think the Jonas Bros. are way overrated, and my family hates Billy Ray Cyrus because he's a jerk. XD I only watched it for the Muppets...

I'm glad they're trying to re-introduce Muppets to a younger generation and all and EM was amazing as always, and yes, it is the Disney Channel, but they were just a bit -too- centered on the Disney stars. I think next time, it should really be the Muppets putting on the show, the Muppets hosting and inviting the Disney stars, etc.

All and all, I did love it. All of the Electric Mayhem bits were cute and I loved Kermit trying his best. The only other little nitpicks I had are that the Chef's Mock Swedish seemed a bit off and Animal's fur seemed longer then I liked it :confused: I hope they go through with the next one!