Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 26 18.7%

• Total voters

TeacherLady

Reaction score
Studio DC Almost Live

That was by far the worst thing ever done with the Muppet characters ever. No wait, their appearance on the Funniest Home Videos may take that title. Disney doesn't know what the **** to do with them and it's obvious they really don't care. The writing was not funny, the acting horrific, and the Muppets were so much better than this... It's like seeing your favorite rockstars come out for a reunion tour with their music written by some jingle writer.
Of course it's great to see the Muppets on TV, but it makes my soul shrivel to see them make ANY appearance rather than quality ones.
I'm not saying that no one could handle the Muppets post- Jim Henson and post-Jerry Juhl, but there's got to be something better than this. I don't want to feel grateful simply to see the Muppets make it on TV, I want to feel the Muppeteers and their fantastic character are being given material worthy of such an institution.

Luke

Reaction score
That's actually kinda the way she acts in her show, too. I watched enough of it over the last month looking for "Studio DC" commercials.
So um, she can't act then .... unfortunate (for her), good job her dads Billy Ray Cyrus then, lol.

I saw a co-producer of this was Jim Lewis, and pretty much the same people as the Muppets.com stuff were on the team. Although i guess they had to use Disney writers and directors, had loads of script notes to feature all the show plugs, and probably only had the actors for very little time, not time enough for them to be given any understanding of how to act around a puppet, or well um, how to actually teach them how to act. I guess this is a lesson for us all that if you are handed lemons, you can only make lemonade, not a nice vintage wine. :smirk::insatiable::stick_out_tongue:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
My plain & simple opinion of this "special": it was horrible.

The wait seems to actually be getting longer for Segel & Stoller's film.

:sympathy:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
So um, she can't act then .... unfortunate (for her), good job her dads Billy Ray Cyrus then, lol.
That's the way they all act on those tween shows. Notice the "performance" of the character "London". That kind of way-over-the-top overacting just drives me up the wall. It makes Jim Carrey look positively subtle by comparison.

I don't even know where this style first cropped up. It doesn't come from primetime sitcoms, or even from the original tween Disney show, "Saved By the Bell". The first place I noticed it was on a CBS Saturday morning show called "Cake". Then I started to notice it on all these Disney channel shows... but the more recent ones, not even the ones from a few years ago. I've seen an episode or two of "Lizzie Maguire" and I don't remember the acting being like this. Now, that's all you see in these shows. Just dreadful!

And that's another part of the problem with this show. The Muppets' characters got buried under the "stars" overacting. Gonzo seemed like he was on Valium.

I could write for the Muppets... but nobody's asking me.

:stick_out_tongue:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Please Earl, please, won't you write for the Muppets? Please? Pretty please? :sympathy:

I can't pay you, or promise your material will even be used, or recognized by Disney, or see the light of day up on the big (or small) screen, but PLEASE man. Somebody has GOT to do something about this!

My hope is that The Next Muppet Movie (or whatever they decided to call it) will be our saving grace. In the meantime though, have you sent any letters or talked to anyone at Disney? Cuz that would be fAnTaStIc if they picked you up!

Cheers friend,
:smile:
Anthony

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
:smirk:
That's the way they all act on those tween shows. Notice the "performance" of the character "London". That kind of way-over-the-top overacting just drives me up the wall. It makes Jim Carrey look positively subtle by comparison.

I don't even know where this style first cropped up. It doesn't come from primetime sitcoms, or even from the original tween Disney show, "Saved By the Bell". The first place I noticed it was on a CBS Saturday morning show called "Cake". Then I started to notice it on all these Disney channel shows... but the more recent ones, not even the ones from a few years ago. I've seen an episode or two of "Lizzie Maguire" and I don't remember the acting being like this. Now, that's all you see in these shows. Just dreadful!

And that's another part of the problem with this show. The Muppets' characters got buried under the "stars" overacting. Gonzo seemed like he was on Valium.

I could write for the Muppets... but nobody's asking me.

I remember allot of this bad over acting stuff on those old Nick shows like All That and Welcome Freshmen.
It also really reminds me of how people act on Barney and that's a show for babies...

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can download this special online?

pattywack

Reaction score
Well, I've done some net searching as well, including at Youtube, and I'm not seeing any such negativity. The kids are talking far more about Miley, the Jonas Bros. etc. than they are about the Muppets, which was to be expected, but I don't see any great dislike for Piggy, Kermit or any of the other Muppets. Do you have any links to specific comments?
Yeah I've seen quite a few comments on youtube, and most are really positive! Of course they're more excited about they disney stars, but I found some who thought the muppets were interesting and stuff, which is good!

Umm I got one off a torrent, not sure if it'll work yet, it's still downloading.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i noticed the piggy thing too and shrugged, piggy's always changing maybe shes trying a new look

i personally still feel gonzo looked a bit off in his skit where he was script reading with swedish chef

now some more comments
i did notice the english sentence chef said but i thought it was just me so i shrugged it off

as for the electric mayhem management with scooter heres my take on it, i feel scooter could manage them but seeing how pepe is he probably blurted that out just to ...whats the word...look cool to miley, and like always dragged rizzo along
yea it was def to short and need to be an hour special and not a half hour jammed with long commercials for disney shows, and it did need a few more muppets
like everyone big kudos to steve whitmire for the number with kermit

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought the writing was lame and the jokes lukewarm at best. The original Muppet Show did corny jokes, but at least they could sell them. These Disney Channel kids overacting couldn't sell a joke to anyone over 5.

And what age group was this aimed for? If it's the typical Disney Channel audience, then that's the wrong audience. As someone else pointed out, the average age is 6 - 10 years old, not even the tweens that are depicted in every show.

Overall, I was very disappointed. This just felt like the Muppets guest starring on someone else's show... a show that was nothing more than ANOTHER 30 minute commercial for the other Disney Channel shows (which had at least 10 more minutes of actual commercials for their shows crammed into it.)

I don't think the Disney people have any idea what the Muppets are about or how to handle them.

Now this is an interresting opinion. This guy works in the industry and feels the same way a lot of us do. Would you agree the world of animation is hurting due to cable stations flocking to moronic live action kiddy fodder? I really would love to hear an insider's opinion, since I can't even afford to get the shoes to get my foot in the door.