Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse

What did you think of Studio DC Hosted by Dylan and Cole Sprouse?

• I loved Studio DC.

Votes: 40 28.8%
  • Studio DC was good.

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Studio DC was just so-so.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • I disliked Studio DC.

Votes: 26 18.7%

• Total voters

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The age-old (often forgotten) truth about the Muppets is that they're for all ages. The tween age is naturally unstable and wobbly. Tweens' psyches swing back and forth like cuckoo clock pendulums. Interests and fads switch so quickly around this age. I'm not sure that catering to this age alone (right now) would be the best for Kermit and Co. Pardon the pun, but Kermit's evergreen. Muppet fans, like the Muppets, are diverse.

Bottom line: the Muppets are for the whole world to enjoy.

Convincing John
Absolutely. It really cuts my corned beef when people say the Muppets are meant for adult or children audiences only. Family entertainment does not mean kiddy flicks, and sophisticated humor does not mean adults who read the New Yorker. Muppets are for EVERYONE! :smile::insatiable::excited:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Absolutely. It really cuts my corned beef when people say the Muppets are meant for adult or children audiences only. Family entertainment does not mean kiddy flicks, and sophisticated humor does not mean adults who read the New Yorker. Muppets are for EVERYONE! :smile::insatiable::excited:
YEEAAAAAHHHHH! I agree with you all the way. I also have to say that you are right with what you said in your other post. Your one of the coolest guys ever dude! *hugs Dave* Let's give it up for the DC Tweens too!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Lol! Thanks, Kyle.

I also forgot to mention, that my wife (who is actually a big fan of The Jonas Brothers and Zac & Cody) really liked this too. She may be more partial to the Muppets because of me, but as an outside fan, she loved the interaction between the casts.

Erine81981

Reaction score
That.......would........only.......mean......your.....wife......is......AWSOME!

Evoulie

Reaction score
Disney Channel has been playing parts of Studio DC during commercial breaks.. :smile:

Ev

muppetcrazy36

Reaction score
i thought that if this show keeps going on, younger kids will grow up never knowing what the real muppet how is.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Okay, I'll admit that Mickey Mouse Club House is sad... but I love that "Hot Dog" song!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, if Studio DC is the evolution of the Muppets, I'm not sure if I really want them to evolve. It's not that it was terribly bad or anything, it just kind of felt like the Muppets were a bit of an afterthought in the special rather than a highlight.
Studio DC wasn't the evolution - merely an advertisement to the younger crowd whose support is necessary in justifying big budgets for future Muppet projects so they can evolve and/or rise to a higher place in entertainment. The new Muppet film will definitely be nothing like Studio DC so I don’t see a need for concern.

The Muppets were kind of vacant on the program - almost like invited guests on their best behavior until getting a real program of their own. We know some are in the works as we speak. I hope this makes such SDC-like trips unnecessary in the near future. I'd take Miley Cyrus over Paula Abdul as a new Muppet Show guest star any day of the week, but would prefer Amy Winehouse, Cyndi Lauper or Madonna. Heck, they're practically Muppets in their own right!

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Studio DC wasn't the evolution - merely an advertisement to the younger crowd whose support is necessary in justifying big budgets for future Muppet projects so they can evolve and/or rise to a higher place in entertainment. The new Muppet film will definitely be nothing like Studio DC so I don’t see a need for concern.

The Muppets were kind of vacant on the program - almost like invited guests on their best behavior until getting a real program of their own. We know some are in the works as we speak. I hope this makes such SDC-like trips unnecessary in the near future. I'd take Miley Cyrus over Paula Abdul as a new Muppet Show guest star any day of the week, but would prefer Amy Winehouse, Cyndi Lauper or Madonna. Heck, they're practically Muppets in their own right!
That's about what I was thinking. Studio DC wasn't great, but like you said, it was more of an intorduction of the Muppets to a new audience. I liked what there was of the Muppets in SDC, but it just seemed to lack that "it" factor that was so very prevelent in past Muppet programs.