"It's Hard Out Here For a Shrimp"

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Well I guess this proves PePe's popularity, an interesting choice too, it should be funny. Although I have to agree with Colbynfriends about the title; PePe hates being called a shrimp, maybe he'll address it in the book.

On a more serious note, how involved will Bill be in this? I hope it's not some random ghost writer attached to this; Bill is a comedic and puppeteering genius and he's one of my absolute favorite Muppeteers of all times.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
On a more serious note, how involved will Bill be in this? I hope it's not some random ghost writer attached to this; Bill is a comedic and puppeteering genius and he's one of my absolute favorite Muppeteers of all times.
Hmmm...well maybe Jim Lewis will have his hand in it (no pun lol) :smile::confused::sing:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Wow. Awesome news! So incredibly in character for Pepe to think he's such a big star that he deserves his own autobigoraphy. :wink:

Seriously, though, he does! This makes me happy. But, a character that I think should write down his memoirs his Rowlf. He's been around almost as long as Kermit, and it seems that his laid back persona and his love of puns would translate well into a book.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
:rolleyes: This is so AWESOME! Pepe is one of my all time favorite Muppets...I think he fits in so well with the original Muppets.

I do, however, think that the title should be changed to "It's Hard Out Here For a Prawn: Life, Love & Living Large", because we all know he is a King Prawn, not a shrimp, okay:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Pepe is my favorite Muppet newcomer. But hey, I suppose he's not that new anymore? Pepe's been around for over 12 years now (and he fits in so well it's like he's always been there). He’s got all those hands; it was only a matter of time before one of them wrote a book.

:attitude: I'm not so wild about the cover art. Here's to hoping that changes and also that the book will contain numerous glossy photos of the prawn, the Muppet gang and some of his neglected pal Seymour.

We know that Pepe would do anything to sign a book deal or star in a commercial (Long John Silvers anyone?) so it's no stretch that the title of the book is a shrimp pun - of the strangely Oscar-winning song from Hustle & Flow. Shrimp better rhymes with the original word used in the song. I'm not a fan of that particular tune, but like how it's used here. Great title. :cool:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm not suree anybody has said this alrady. But I realy would like to see Miss Piggy wtite her memoirs down.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
In time i think that will happen, and I also can not wait to see a Fozzie book. that would be really cool, and funny.

I really look to see Rizo have a part in this book because they seem to be preety close these days.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A Pepe book. Now that's amazing. I hope this opens up some sort of window for more Pepe merchandise. Other than a Nanco plush, 2 Palisades figures, a push puppet based off the Palisaeds design, and a Jack in the Box promotional figure, you never see Pepe on anything... no matter how popular he is with the newer muppet projects.