Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

StreetScenes

Reaction score
My biggest question is where did all the people go? It seems that SW uses their Muppet puppets more and more. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE PUPPETS, but I still love to see people with the Muppets on Sesame Street.
i second that. the muppet/human interaction is my favorite part of the show! besides this generation of kids not getting to know the characters of the cast members, it changes the whole dynamic of the show. it's less like a realistic street, where people of all different ages live and interact and have real problems, and more like a fairyland of fantasy creatures. the grownups don't play as much with human and muppet kids, they just shake their heads at silly muppet antics. and the genius of the muppets is that they're so human--but we can only see that if they interact with humans and have human challenges and experiences. sigh.

sonia said in an interview that will lee would always criticize sketches by asking where are the peope? the show is about people! i couldn't agree more. we need that voice reaching the ears of the writers again.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
sonia said in an interview that will lee would always criticize sketches by asking where are the peope? the show is about people! i couldn't agree more. we need that voice reaching the ears of the writers again.
I too would like to see more "insert" skits with the humans. Like one of my favorite segments from Season 38 where Maria, Gina and Gabi dressed up like The Supreems and sang about the alphabet. When was the last time they did something like that?

ISNorden

Reaction score
I too would like to see more "insert" skits with the humans. Like one of my favorite segments from Season 38 where Maria, Gina and Gabi dressed up like The Supreems and sang about the alphabet. When was the last time they did something like that?
I'd love to see more humans active on Sesame Street, period--in both street scenes and inserts. Yes, the Muppets were always a part of the show; even Bert and Ernie had their place in the test pilot episodes. But what made Sesame Street so memorable and fun to watch, for most of its 30+ years, was seeing Muppets and humans interact side by side, as equals: most of the monster and animal characters didn't see human culture as alien, and vice versa.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i second that. the muppet/human interaction is my favorite part of the show! besides this generation of kids not getting to know the characters of the cast members, it changes the whole dynamic of the show. it's less like a realistic street, where people of all different ages live and interact and have real problems, and more like a fairyland of fantasy creatures. the grownups don't play as much with human and muppet kids, they just shake their heads at silly muppet antics. and the genius of the muppets is that they're so human--but we can only see that if they interact with humans and have human challenges and experiences. sigh.

That's very interesting.

Some of this also has to do with the ammount of episodes that are produced a year which might mean less time for certain things including both actors and maybe even some of the other muppets.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay. I'll comment on ep 4180, since this was the first time I've seen it today.

It almost seemed like they didn't know how to fill the rest of the episode up (this was an ideal place to put an Ernie and Bert Great Adventures). They had a lot of random 90's segments (when you grow up for example).
Yeah. It seemed like the street story ended kind of quickly. They could have expanding on that a bit, maybe having Gordon tell everybody their better off just being themselves. I do like the shower cap thing, but I can't help but think about how interesting something like this could have been done during the years Matt Robinson was playing Gordon. Everyone would have been wearing afros. Lol.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Just caught Episode 4177: Abby's First Sleepover. Really liked the Street Story but what's with the added on music to the film abut the man talking about his bones? That was completely unnecessary!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Still going to wait here again. For the Magic episode about the guy who does magic. I'm now going to glue myself to the floor and wait till this episode aires once again. I'm not moving from this sp....oh wait. I can't! I'm glued. Oh no.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Actually, you might need some glue solvent. :smile: I caught that episode on You Tube. I'm thinking it's still there anyway.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Actually, you might need some glue solvent. :smile: I caught that episode on You Tube. I'm thinking it's still there anyway.
Thanks for that but i'm waiting to record the episode on to a DVD. So i would like to wait till i can watch it on TV. But thanks. If anyone can uhh.....can i get some glue solvent?

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I Finally Saw Episode 4182 with Guy Smiley

Hey everybody,

I have finally saw episode 4182 with Guy Smiley. I am so glad he's back and Eric Jacobson plays Guy Smiley very well. And it's almost sounded like Jim Henson. Of course, even though his new voice sounds a bit different, but I'm glad he's back. And I'm surprise that he's got his own version of Vanna White. LOL! And Gilbert Gotfried is funny too.LOL!