Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

Erine81981

Reaction score
*falls over from finally watching episode "Max the Magician."* Finally! This has been one hard wait for me. Sitting here. Waiting forrrr-ever to see this one episode. *tries to stand up but falls on face* Ooow. That really hurt. Why can't i stand up? *tries again but falls again* Oh no! My legs have turned to rubber. *screams "No!"*

4166: Max the Magician
This one was alright not really a favorite like "4181: Elmo and Leela Look For The Mine-Itis." But it was still pretty cute and funny at parts. But i would have rather of had more characters then just Elmo, Big Bird, Rostia and Chris. Glad i finally saw it and now i'll be able to finish up the rest of the episodes i haven't watched or reviewed on what i enjoyed or didn't like.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I wish I could talk about the new episodes with you guys but my PBS hasn't shown a new one in weeks :frown:. *sigh* They have not changed that much since I was little...
Is there anything that helps decide when new episodes can/should/might have a soap bars chance in Oscar's can of being shown that I should know about? :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. :frown:
All you can do is keep checking at the beginning of each episode's street story to see if it's a repeat from an earlier season or this, at least that's how I do it. Maybe just keep an eye out for the episode numbering from 4161-4186. Hope this helps. *Weak :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Unfortunately no. :frown:
All you can do is keep checking at the beginning of each episode's street story to see if it's a repeat from an earlier season or this, at least that's how I do it. Maybe just keep an eye out for the episode numbering from 4161-4186. Hope this helps. *Weak :smile:
It does but now I am sad, I always thought the all the PBSs were somehow linked in a sort of unspoken SST new episode showing code...I guess not :frown:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Well, I just saw 4181, and I thought it was a brilliant episode, with witty writing, and a good moral.

meok

Reaction score
Was the "Elmo's Riding" song used this season? I don't remember seeing it and i find that strange because it was the only thing shot in HD last season, ,and now that the show has gone HD, it would have made sense for them to use any existing HD material they had.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
No, it wasn't used this season. Also, the skit where Cuba Gooding Jr. explains "angry" was shot in widescreen too.

Papa 77

Reaction score
Hello Everyone....
Joined the forum to find out who the guest was today on episode 4176 --- Elmo steps in for Super Grover. He look familiar but I can't remember his name.
Thanks

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central. The guest celebrity featured in Episode 4176's Word on the Street Explanation segment was Patrick Warberton. He's very well known for his animation voice work, most notedly Cronk from Disney's The Emperor's New Groove. Feel free to browse through this thread, supplemented with searching for any particular Season 39 episode at the Muppet Wiki to find out more about any of the episodes from this past season. Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums. :batty: :smile: :wisdom: