State of the Muppets - An Opinion

wwfpooh

Reaction score
The best way for the Muppets to come back would be for the performers to get back into their groove & for someone to step up as the next Jerry Juhl and hire a crackerjack team of competant writers that could bring back that Muppet magic that Henson knew all too well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Mark Evanier almost pulled it off, but I get what you mean.
When did Mark write for the Muppets? All I know is he wrote Mother Goose and Grimm and Garfield's Saturday morning cartoon shows.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello. Thought that it would serve everybody better to have the discussion on this topic centralized into one single thread. Hope that's okay and please continue the conversation.

*Disappears back into the shadows.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hello. Thought that it would serve everybody better to have the discussion on this topic centralized into one single thread. Hope that's okay and please continue the conversation.

*Disappears back into the shadows.
...What? How can you merge these two threads? They're two vastly different opinions that I feel should stay seperated. Sorry, can't agree with your decision to merge this one, Ed. :smirk:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
...What? How can you merge these two threads? They're two vastly different opinions that I feel should stay seperated. Sorry, can't agree with your decision to merge this one, Ed. :smirk:
That's a good point. On the other hand, debating sometimes bring more opportunity for conversation than just agreeing. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I kinda agree with you there. There was a sort of - point/counter-point thing going on initially that gets lost in this merging.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I kinda agree with you there. There was a sort of - point/counter-point thing going on initially that gets lost in this merging.
Agreed. A lot of the responses no longer made sense because they say, "I agree with everything you said." How can we be sure which you their talking about?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's very true about continuity. But I personally like polite debating on the board on the same thread. Sometimes just agreeing can get boring (and I mean threads I'm on too hehe)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
That's very true about continuity. But I personally like polite debating on the board on the same thread. Sometimes just agreeing can get boring (and I mean threads I'm on too hehe)
I just don't see why the debating can't be polite in seperate threads... if I had intended my post to be a direct response to Frogster's I would've posted it in his thread--but I didn't, because I wanted it to be a place for people to share their agreeing opinions, and I think that's what Frogster wanted too. I feel like merging these threads could incite some fights over disagreeing opinions--and no one wants that.