State of the Muppets - An Opinion

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I'm sincerely sorry about any trouble I've caused--it was not at all my intention to start a fight or argument. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I said what I said in my original post, but I guess I should've put more thought into where I posted it. Please know I'd never try to intentionally pick a fight with anyone here, I was just trying to express my opinion as well, and I see now that it could've been done more tactfully. Sorry again, to everyone.

Back on topic... I really don't think saying Studio DC is the only thing you can judge the current state of the Muppets on is right. At all. The YouTube videos and Muppets.com are both huge projects that are leagues better than Studio DC (and also aimed at a completely different audience). I think these two things also should be taken into account--and totally prove--that the Muppets are doing well currently.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The youtube videos and Muppets.com videos are AWESOME! I love those, and could watch 30 minute episodes of stuff like that weekly!

*hint hint, nudge nudge, Disney!* :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The youtube videos and Muppets.com videos are AWESOME! I love those, and could watch 30 minute episodes of stuff like that weekly!

*hint hint, nudge nudge, Disney!* :smile:
Oh definitely! I think a show combining the Muppets.com stuff and the wacky YouTube musical numbers could be just awesome. Just have a show with a ton of little sketches, I think that would be great stuff. Everyone I've showed both the YouTube videos and Muppets.com stuff have loved them both. I think it could work.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I know all my friends would gather to watch it. Even all the way back when ABC was showing Muppets Tonight! my college buds and I would get some pizza and just laugh and laugh. We were so disappointed when we gathered one night and "Boy Meets World" came on instead.

Maybe they could try a format with the little sketches like these in between a story line for each episode--the way Sesame Street used to do things: story line, with 'commercials' between the story line. It would be variety TV like in the good ol' days!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I know all my friends would gather to watch it. Even all the way back when ABC was showing Muppets Tonight! my college buds and I would get some pizza and just laugh and laugh. We were so disappointed when we gathered one night and "Boy Meets World" came on instead.
From "Fozzie!" to "Feeny!" ...That would be incredibly disappointing. :wink:

Maybe they could try a format with the little sketches like these in between a story line for each episode--the way Sesame Street used to do things: story line, with 'commercials' between the story line. It would be variety TV like in the good ol' days!
Hmm... I do definitely think that would be a good way to do it. But... where would they put the actual commercials? :stick_out_tongue: It works/worked for Sesame Street 'cause PBS had no actual commercials during the show. I don't know how well that would work if actual commercials aired after fake ones.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I never have seen Muppets Tonight or Studio DC yet to be honest :frown:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
While I can understand how this would be disappointing, I would like to point out that Mr. Feeny is, indeed, 'the bomb'.
Oh indeed, I love Mr. Feeny. But I'd be disappointed in the sudden disapperance of Fozzie. :embarrassed: Though if Mr. Feeny said, "Wocka! Wocka!" it might make up for it slightly. :wink:

Even though Fozzie was only in, like, one episode of Muppets Tonight. :stick_out_tongue:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Redsonga, if I had 2 VCR's I'd tell you send me a postage paid envelope and I'd copy some video tapes I have of Muppets Tonight. I haven't seen Studio DC yet, either. Which is why I can't knock it.

I guess what I mean for the show would be a story-line with all the fun sketches we see on youtube and Muppets.com thrown in there. For actual commercials, they can leave those out for my part! :smile: But, we have to have 'em.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I guess what I mean for the show would be a story-line with all the fun sketches we see on youtube and Muppets.com thrown in there. For actual commercials, they can leave those out for my part! :smile:
Haha yes I could indeed see that working well. I think it would be cool if the story line didn't have the characters featured in the sketches--like... if Gonzo presented "Classical Chicken" in one of the sketches, I wouldn't want to see him in the story line. I think that would be kind of awkward, but that's just me.

But, we have to have 'em.
Awww... do we have to? :wink: