State of the Muppets - An Opinion

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
In order to get back on topic and clarify things after the merge I thought it might be best to briefly iterate our view on the recent Muppets.

State of the Muppets: Good to fair & rising with a chance of slightly cloudy DC projects that will quickly pass resulting in golden rays of Muppets likely to last through 2010 and beyond. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... SNL has fake commercials and then breaks for real ones. Dunno, maybe, if we're following the Sesame pattern, they could have the real commercials for other Disney programming/movies both before the beginning and after the end of the show. That would trunkate the show a smidge, but we'd still get more or less about a half-hour of Muppety goodness.

*Shouts Feenie, Feeeeeenieeeee, Fee-niee!
*Shouts Fozzie, Fozzzzzzzieeeeeee, Fozz-Ziee!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Instead of a State of the Union address, we need a State of the Muppets address.

Where's that Muppet Newsman when we need him?

I 'might' get a chance to view the show soon! I hope so. I want to see it for myself.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hee... You need the Newsman? Ask Winslow Leach, he rooms with him at the dorms. Place a call through to him. Watch your hands though, it's not called a red hot hotline phone for nothing.
*Answers phone and smoke billows out.
Kermit: Who was that?
The *cough* fire department.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Totally! Scooter and the Newsman. The guy who performed Scooter in VMX is the one I want to see come back again. They need to keep him on the payroll for sure. Not sure who I would like to see take over Newsman, but he's needed. He's hilarious.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think that is what I liked so much about the old muppets..everyone, the muppets, SS etc, they all seemed so connected together and you could tell how they were all doing as a whole..now it seems like they hang out in pairs or threes, but never so much all together like a family. I'd at least like to see that feeling return to just the main muppets again :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
New signiture moment!
Aw. I'm glad someone agrees. That's what I feel is happening now. In the years of EMTV and Henson ownership a good idea or two would come out with the Muppets and then there would be insufficient follow through. Disney's covering all the bases. :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Back on topic... I really don't think saying Studio DC is the only thing you can judge the current state of the Muppets on is right. At all. The YouTube videos and Muppets.com are both huge projects that are leagues better than Studio DC (and also aimed at a completely different audience). I think these two things also should be taken into account--and totally prove--that the Muppets are doing well currently.
Now, I'm not complaing about DC here, but it's funny to me that the Muppets.com and YouTube videos are the ones the don't get made into a show. I especially thin the YouTube ones are perfectly the Muppets. I wouldn't even mind of like they got like an online show of this kind of bazaar, abstract content.:excited: