State of the Muppets - An Opinion

Frogster

Reaction score
I know there's a rift between this site and ToughPigs but if you guys go to that site, they sum up pretty well how I feel. And frankly, since it's on the main page, I figured that's how most people felt. Then again, ToughPigs has always been more of a frank and up-front site.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I know there's a rift between this site and ToughPigs but if you guys go to that site, they sum up pretty well how I feel. And frankly, since it's on the main page, I figured that's how most people felt. Then again, ToughPigs has always been more of a frank and up-front site.
The article on ToughPigs doesn't entirely agree with what you originally posted, though. It's not saying the Muppets are dead. It talks about how kids today don't really know the Muppets, then discusses Disney's (almost desperate) efforts to introduce the Muppets to a younger audience. It is a very frank article, but not a negative one. This is about the extent of the criticism: "I’m not going to dwell on the quality of the special – it was probably enjoyable enough for the target crowd, but I personally found it soul-crushingly awful."

ToughPigs is updated by all sorts of people with different opinions. The individual writing the article expressed his own personal opinion about the show in that sentence. But, just because something is written on the main page, that doesn't mean it's what the majority of fans are thinking.

Here's the article about Studio DC:

Monday, August 4, 2008: Won't Somebody Think of the Children?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Hmm...Tough Pigs style just doesn't suit me, I thought about joining, but I'm really not that much for in you face type of debates...Even at our worst I like here better:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:zany: A brief digression. I tend to agree with the Henson Legacy’s links page that references Tough Pigs as a "great, snarky fan site – for more adult audiences." I stop there every several days, but the snark-factor can be too potent for my taste. Snark doesn't automatically yield honesty, but it can sometimes make for a fun read. TP is a more specific group of fan-friends. I get why they're around and actually support a lot of it. I must note the mood there has vastly improved since the revival of the home page. I miss those ugly toy pageants. I miss them good! If there’s anyone around here that hasn't read some of the archived articles - I encourage you to do so! You are in for a treat.

:search: Back to the topic at hand. That particular TP article goes a little further than I would, but I understand the sentiment. It actually takes a wait and see approach that doesn't particularly agree with your point of view either. Nowhere does it make the announcement that the Muppets are dead or the Muppeteers should stop embarrassingly tarnishing the legacy of Jim Henson. It doesn't say that at all.

:attitude: To say that an honest opinion isn’t respected around here is not true! Fan or not, you just can’t go on any Muppet forum and make bold statements like “the Muppets are dead” without expecting some greatly annoyed replies.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Fan or not, you just can’t go on any Muppet forum and make bold statements like “the Muppets are dead” without expecting some greatly annoyed replies.
They're not, they're not! *stamps feet* :frown:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Case in point.
I couldn't help myself:wink:..because they're not!:excited:
Of course, they would not be dead to me even if there were never anymore new things, but I'm weird like that :stick_out_tongue:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Indeed. And many of us would agree.
To me dead means no one remembers and no one ever becomes a fan of them ever again..and even if only two children out of hundreds actually decide to be fans, then to me the muppets are alive and well:excited:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And of course, we here will probably be senior citizens someday & would still love The Muppets.