Sesame Street: From a Toddler's Point of View

SSLFan

Reaction score
Okay, so if you have a little brother, sister, cousin, or even child of your own, chances are they watch Sesame Street.:stick_out_tongue:

Well, if you do, have you ever asked them what they like about the show? Like, what's their favorite song or who's their favorite muppet? I have two little cousins- one is 3, the other is 6 months, lol. Anyways, the three year-old is definately into Sesame Street. She mostly watches the home videos and also reads the books and plays with SS toys.

As for her favorite muppets, she admits she likes Elmo:rolleyes:, but she also says she likes Zoe and Big Bird. Her favorite segment on the show is EW, and she has alot of EW videos. Oddly enough , even though she likes Elmo, she still likes to watch Classic Sesame Street marterial. Her favorite SS special is Christmas Eve on Sesame Street(she likes the ice skating scene with BB and the little girl).

Another funny thing is when we took her to see Elmo Makes Music a few months ago, on our way back from the show, she talked about how she saw(in this order) Zoe, Big Bird, Honker, Grover, and Prairie Dawn. Can you believe it? No mention of the show's 'star'. I'm surprised a child even from the "Elmo Generation" would mention such characters as Prairie Dawn and Honker, eh no offense to fans.

So MC users, does this mean anything? LOL. I thought I'd just post what a typical Sesame toddler thought of the show.

Any comments? Period?

:wisdom:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Juding by your profile's age, aren't you a toddler? :stick_out_tongue:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Another funny thing is when we took her to see Elmo Makes Music a few months ago, on our way back from the show, she talked about how she saw(in this order) Zoe, Big Bird, Honker, Grover, and Prairie Dawn. Can you believe it? No mention of the show's 'star'. I'm surprised a child even from the "Elmo Generation" would mention such characters as Prairie Dawn and Honker, eh no offense to fans.

That is interesting. I'm sure that toddlers love more people\muppets on the street than Elmo, and thats proof enough. and oscarfan has a point, looking on your profile, arn't you a toddler as well?:stick_out_tongue:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Oh great, my cousin admits she also likes another muppet which I truly hate....BABY BEAR. ugh.:rolleyes:

How can you like Baby Bear and not like Telly. And Telly is 100 TIMES better than Baby Bear!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm surprised a child even from the "Elmo Generation" would mention such characters as Prairie Dawn and Honker, eh no offense to fans.
Well I think that shows that you can't just say "Oh kids today don't like the classic material." Life is way more complex than that. And we're depriving kids if we keep the older stuff hidden from them just because it's too old.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
If that is true, then there shouldn't be such an attempt to hide the older material (which is being done on the show). :wink:
Right. I mean, heck...One could just as easily use shows from the 80's and 90's as they are--sans Elmo's increase in popularity--just as well done as the show is now for modern audiences.