Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Several classic clips have been added today, especially from the first season. The site has "Kermit Counts to 5", "Baker Number Seven", and "Ernie and the Broken Ukelelee, Part 1" (I don't know why part 2 isn't on the site). "The Beach Bully" with Ernie and Bert is also on the site.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
They have The 4 Mysterious Dragons skit and that film where the man gets asked if he knows what forwards and backwards means and after saying how busy he is and has no time for this kind of nonsense, well you know what happens next.

Also while not newly added, they also have a clip where Luis shows a film of Big Bird riding his unicyle and himself and Maria cartwheeling and the film malfunctions and runs both forward and backwards.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The website finally has a season one Grover sketch! The "first and last" sketch was added. Interestingly, on eof the tag for the clip is "Old Grover". I hope more of these "Old Grover" sketches get added in the near future.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After being available on Hulu and Sesame Workshop's official Youtube channel, Bert & Ernie Go to Egypt is finally on the site. The version with added background music.

Hill Street Twos with Ernie annd Grover is also on the site (it was on the site earlier this week, but wasn't in the "recently added" bar until today").

And the site has Mr. Snuffleupagus's song If I Was a Cloud in the Sky.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Some addition clips have been added.

1 of them is an old film which I've never seen before with 2 figure sakters perforing a routine.

What's interesting is there's a 3 second pause just before then begin to skate, which is probably no big deal but with most SS films made through the years you have the music playing from the beginning.

Wonder of maybe when this was aired this 3 time was edited out?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Some addition clips have been added.

1 of them is an old film which I've never seen before with 2 figure sakters perforing a routine.

What's interesting is there's a 3 second pause just before then begin to skate, which is probably no big deal but with most SS films made through the years you have the music playing from the beginning.

Wonder of maybe when this was aired this 3 time was edited out?
That is a great film. You may have noticed on sesamestreet.org (and the bonus clips on the Old School sets) that the sketches fade in and out, somethign that doens't happen much on the show. I'm starting to think that the first and last seconds of each sketch is normally edited on the show, unless a fade-in or fade-out is done on the show. These days the trasnitions are a checkered-style, but during at least the first ten years (and I recall seeing this don in a few season 25 episodes) it was common for sketches to fade in and out, but not for every sketch in the same episode. And when watching clips on this site that are in the episodes on the old school sets, I noticed that the first and last few seconds often don't appear in the episodes in those sets.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The holy grail of film clips is on the site RIGHT NOW! That's right... Baker #1 is finally on the site.

wiley207

Reaction score
The holy grail of film clips is on the site RIGHT NOW! That's right... Baker #1 is finally on the site.
Wow, I guess Sesame Workshop wanted to prove to us fans that a print of the film still indeed exists! I give a LOT of credit to them!

wiley207

Reaction score
After being available on Hulu and Sesame Workshop's official Youtube channel, Bert & Ernie Go to Egypt is finally on the site. The version with added background music.
Even though it was the version with new background music, it looks like nothing was cut from it like I heard it was. The running time for the official version there is four minutes and 56 seconds, while the one that qbeam uploaded on YouTube back in February 2006 (taken from "The Best of Ernie and Bert" has a running time of four minutes and 50 seconds. Was the editing of the skit (i.e. cutting out parts) only done on "Elmo Says Boo?" or something, because the version Sesame Workshop has on their site appears to be uncut.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
They also have BB singing Everyone Makes Mistakes and and appearance by Nina Simmone singing a song called Young Gifted and Black.