Fix it Shop - Season 39

ISNorden

Reaction score
Yeah. Maybe they should have a map of the set at the website for each season so we know what we can expect. Maybe if the laundromat is where the Fix-It Shop used to be, then it's possible the Fix-It Shop is where the old laundromat used to be. Something to think about.

Good suggestion about the map--and good point about the laundromat, too. Episodes from earlier seasons showed a laundromat somewhere on the Street, although it wasn't at such a prominent location. Maybe the Fix-It Shop (in the same vein) moved to a cheaper, out-of-the-way part of town; still, it's been a neighborhood institution for almost as long as Hooper's, and I'll definitely miss the place.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
still, it's been a neighborhood institution for almost as long as Hooper's, and I'll definitely miss the place
Just as I said earlier. And agreed, the place will be missed if it indeed has gone away.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It would be too bad if the Fix-it Shop was gone for good, but then again how many still exist in your neighborhood? In keeping up with the times, a Mail-it Shop or a laundromat would be more relevant. As long as Luis and Maria were still there, that's more important than whatever store front they put up in that spot.

I guess broken toasters and phonographs are remnants of a by-gone era. Dang I'm getting old! :sleep:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Don't forget that before the Fix-It-Shop it was a Library that Maria used to work at and sometime Grover would help too.

Sesame Street Library

wwfpooh said:
Just like record players, cassete tapes, VHS's, and numerous other devices.
Well i guess if they wanted to they could work on DVD players or Mp3 players or even CD players too.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I wonder why the library was taken away? People do need them, don't they?
There was a library next to the Fix-It Shop (or was that Hooper's)? in the Season 38 premiere, but I have a feeling it was a one-shot location.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Don't forget that before the Fix-It-Shop it was a Library that Maria used to work at and sometime Grover would help too.

Sesame Street Library

Well i guess if they wanted to they could work on DVD players or Mp3 players or even CD players too.
*nods* As long as people own something that's cheaper to repair than to replace, there's a good reason for the Fix-It Shop to keep existing on Sesame Street.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
*nods* As long as people own something that's cheaper to repair than to replace, there's a good reason for the Fix-It Shop to keep existing on Sesame Street.
Too bad some people nowadays just buy a new something instead of attempting to fix the old something first.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Also it's that back in the day things could last forever but know a days things are only ment to last a few years and quite so you'll have to go buy a new one.