What if Rowlf was the main Muppet?

muppetfan89

Reaction score
At one time, Rowlf was the main Muppet of the group, what if it stayed that way and Kermit was never the main character, what do you think it would be like? What would be different?

I could see Rowlf and Fozzie being a team, as Kermit and Fozzie are. I could even see really funny moments between Rowlf and Miss Piggy. What do you think?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I remember posting in another thread once on similar lines. I said I thought it was amusing to imagine what The Muppet Show would be like if Rowlf and Kermit's roles were reversed so that Rowlf the Dog was the host trying to cope with all the mayhem each week interacting with all the other characters including Piggy's deep heartfelt love for her doggykins. While Kermit was the frog who played the piano and portrayed Dr.Bob in Vet's Hospital. Mind you the only exchange I can think of that wouldn't work is when Kermit appeared inside Behemoth's mouth when he was a patient in Vet's Hospital with a frog in his throat. :big_grin:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I think that things would be more crazy, because I've always felt that Rowlf was more layed back. But if the roles were reversed, that would be kind of funny. the only thing is, I don't think Rowlf could scrunch up his face:stick_out_tongue:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Rowlf is more easy going, I don't think he would be the best leader, it doesn't seem like he takes stress as well as Kermit can :stick_out_tongue:...

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
For some weird reason, Rowlf reminds me of myself. I'm not that good under pressure, and I hate for other things to go on while I'm trying to do something.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Green just pops. If Rowlf had become the top dog (in place of the main frog) I doubt he'd be brown. And then he wouldn't seem like the Rowlf we know. Kermit brightened up for color television and I think Rowlf would have too. However, he's just too relaxed for that spot. Kermit has the tendency to lose it for short bursts that isn't in Rowlf's nature.

I don't see him tied down to Piggy. I think he'd play the field. Piggy would still be a chorus girl if Rowlf had his way. (Suddenly feeling sorry for Piggy and forgetting her recent Gonzo snub). Rowlf is the type that would sleep in anyway so I don't think he'd want the leadership role for long. Only the frog can really do that. If Rowlf ran the Muppets I think the shows would be taped from his living room - or maybe a piano bar. :smile: :sympathy: