What if Rowlf was the main Muppet?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, Rowlf is a dog, and dogs aren't that faithful in love :stick_out_tongue:. Then again nether are frogs...but Rowlf seems to stick to his own kind and not like Piggy all that much :\

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well for one thing, he would have been heavier for Jim Henson to carry around!:big_grin:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I don't think Rowlf would hang out with Piggy. He'd brush her off and go home, or have a few beers and go for a walk, as stated in the Muppet Movie.

Rowlf and Fozzie were friends later past TMS, but I know he would heckle Fozzie.

Don't know if he would like running the show itself. He seems content to playing the piano and trying not to let all the mayhem happen around him.

Frogster

Reaction score
I think it's interesting that one of the reasons Jim didn't wanna do Rowlf as the main character is cuz Kermit was lighter and it was easier to perform him for longer periods of time. Makes me wonder what it'd be like if Rowlf and Piggy had became an item as well lol... they'd have baby digs

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think it's interesting that one of the reasons Jim didn't wanna do Rowlf as the main character is cuz Kermit was lighter and it was easier to perform him for longer periods of time. Makes me wonder what it'd be like if Rowlf and Piggy had became an item as well lol... they'd have baby digs
You mean little pogs :wink:

muppet baby

Reaction score
I remember posting in another thread once on similar lines. I said I thought it was amusing to imagine what The Muppet Show would be like if Rowlf and Kermit's roles were reversed so that Rowlf the Dog was the host trying to cope with all the mayhem each week interacting with all the other characters including Piggy's deep heartfelt love for her doggykins. While Kermit was the frog who played the piano and portrayed Dr.Bob in Vet's Hospital. Mind you the only exchange I can think of that wouldn't work is when Kermit appeared inside Behemoth's mouth when he was a patient in Vet's Hospital with a frog in his throat. :big_grin:

i love what u said here marty yes i have always wondered that to wow that would have funny to see piggy's heart felt love for her doddkins that would have really been cool i like rowlf he is really cool . :sympathy: i only put that face there because i wanted rolf somewhere on my post keke

peyjenk

Reaction score
You mean little pogs :wink:
Or puplets. :big_grin:

Redsonga

Reaction score
i love what u said here marty yes i have always wondered that to wow that would have funny to see piggy's heart felt love for her doddkins that would have really been cool i like rowlf he is really cool . :sympathy: i only put that face there because i wanted rolf somewhere on my post keke
Somehow, I think Miss Piggy and Rowlf would be too much like Lucy and Schroeder from Peanuts *lol*

peyjenk

Reaction score
Don't Piggy and Kermit already fill the Lucy-Schroeder dynamic, though (sans the piano).

As far as the "If-Rowlf-were-boss-would-Piggy-like-him-instead-of-Kermit" question, I think the answer depends on whether or not Piggy is attracted to Kermit because he's an authority figure, or is there something about the Frog specifically she's in love with?

I would say that she started out liking him because of his position of command, but then grew to love him for him.... which does nothing to answer our main question, because then we ask why wouldn't she do the same with Rowlf?

Aaaah... philosophical debate.... can't... compute....

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Somehow, I think Miss Piggy and Rowlf would be too much like Lucy and Schroeder from Peanuts *lol*
XD Yes!

Piggy: "Rowlfie, do you think a pretty girl is like a melody?"
Rowlf: "I wouldn't know... I've never met any beautiful girls."
Piggy: "... May your stupid piano be devoured by termites."

Now, if only I had the original comic for reference, I could probably draw that scene and show it to you guys...