What if Rowlf was the main Muppet?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Personally I don't even know if Piggy really loves Kermit. I think she's just using him since he's in a high position.

You know women. Same thing applies to pigs who have big egos.

I wouldn't even think Rowlf would even have a thing for Piggy. He's too laid back to care about her.

Piggy: Rowlfie, I need you.
Rowlf: Go away! It's alone time with me and my piano. It was out of tune before I fixed it you know. We have a special bond.
Piggy: And we don't?
Rowlf: Our bond is about as special as a bond where you get gum stuck on your shoe.
Piggy: Thanks a lot flee-bag!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Miss.Piggy fell in love with Kermit before she knew who he was though...I know women, since I happen to be one , and just because we do or don't have a big ego has nothing to do with real love IMHO :stick_out_tongue:. Now greed, that's a different matter, but it always seemed as if Kermit was only making ends meet as far as money went, even when the show was doing very well...

I can't see Rowlf saying something truly mean to Miss. Piggy as anything more than a joke though, even if they don't love each. He just isn't that hard hearted..he has a puppy dog soul :3

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
I can't see him saying anything that mean to anybody. (Unless he was joking.) I think some of the Schroeder/Lucy moments of "Peanuts" pretty much sum their relationship up.

For instance, this is probably what it would be like around Christmas...

Rowlf: "This is the music I've selected for the Christmas play."
[Rowlf plays Fur Elise]
Piggy: "What kind of Christmas music is *that*?"
Rowlf: "Beethoven Christmas music."
Piggy: "What has Beethoven got to do with Christmas? Everyone talks about how "great" Beethoven was. Beethoven wasn't so great."
[Rowlf stops playing]
Rowlf: "What do you mean Beethoven wasn't so great?"
Piggy: He never got his picture on the cover of a famous magazine, did he? Have you ever seen his picture on a fashion magazine, or even the tabloids? Hmmm? How can you say someone is great who's never had his picture on any well-deserving magazine?"
Rowlf: "Good grief."

And this:

Piggy: "Say, by the way, can you play "Jingle Bells"?"
[Rowlf proceeds to play "Jingle Bells", which sounds like a traditional grand piano]
Piggy: [interrupting] "No, no. I mean "Jingle Bells." You know, deck them halls and all that stuff?"
[Rowlf begins to play again, this time sounding like it's being played on an organ]
Piggy: [interrupting again] "No, no! You don't get it at all. I mean "Jingle Bells." You know, Santa Claus and ho-ho-ho, and mistletoe and presents to pretty girls."
[gazes lovingly at Rowlf, who then out of frustration taps one key of the piano while playing "Jingle Bells," which sounds like a child's toy piano]
Piggy: "That's it!"
[Rowlf turns a few unplanned flips from Piggy's reaction]

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Those skits were hilarious, no matter who did them.

But as much as I support Lucy/Schroeder (Recall that--as much as they fight--Schroeder did come to realize that he had grown so used to Lucy being a certain way around him that she accidentally became his muse of sorts [I mean, he couldn't even play Beethoven without her]), I am firmly in the belief that something in Kermit alone makes him stand out to Miss Piggy. What that is, though, I have absolutely no idea!

Note that in Muppet Family Christmas (which came out in 1987, after 1984's Muppets Take Manhattan), Scooter brings some home movies with him for the gang to share & in the home movies, the puppet versions of the Muppet Babies are seen, proving that--even if it was a dream in a previous film--Piggy probably would've loved Kermit even if they were in diapers together.

Why? We don't really know. All that's known is that Piggy has some attraction to Kermit & it is that which drives her to stick it out, even when things are tough (i.e. whenever Piggy and Kermit are captured, Piggy often breaks free because her feelings for Kermit--and not wanting him to leave her [by death or other means]--are that strong).

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Hmm... I can't help but to wonder, if Piggy made fun of Beethoven, would Rowlf's bust of Beethoven have anything to say about it?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Miss.Piggy fell in love with Kermit before she knew who he was though...
Huh? The first appearance of Miss Piggy was in a scene where Kermit was in a sort of "position of power." He was the conductor for the Muppet Glee Club. Though, I don't think Miss Piggy's affection for Kermit is because of his power. Piggy has always been more about looks and charm, such as with Christopher Reeves.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Huh? The first appearance of Miss Piggy was in a scene where Kermit was in a sort of "position of power." He was the conductor for the Muppet Glee Club.
If the Muppet Babies are a part of the Muppet canon--Muppets Take Manhattan & Muppet Family Christmas--then Piggy's first appearance chronologically wise would be as a baby.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I don't see Muppet Babies as canon, but I do think Kermit and Piggy met prior to the first episode of the Muppet Show. At least for what we see on camera. He had to have hired her previously.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
If the Muppet Babies are a part of the Muppet canon--Muppets Take Manhattan & Muppet Family Christmas--then Piggy's first appearance chronologically wise would be as a baby.
The Muppet movies aren't really "canon," but I see your point.

Anyway, I don't think Rowlf would be in a relationship with Miss Piggy. I think they'd have pretty much the same relationship they have on The Muppet Show, jabbing at each other. Now, perhaps Rowlf might find himself going after another lovely lassie...?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I don't see Muppet Babies as canon, but I do think Kermit and Piggy met prior to the first episode of the Muppet Show. At least for what we see on camera. He had to have hired her previously.
Considering how she knew him even before the first episode, that's a given.